June 13, 2007

The answers to the test

I'd like to say Great Job 'Jezz' and 'HJW' for guessing correctly. But sorry, no prizes for you ladies. I can give you a hug the next time I see ya!

Here are the explanations:

1. I've been skiing since I was 4 years old. FALSE
Actually, this is true about T - he even started a month before his 4th birthday. Me? I started after we began dating - at 16. T is a beautiful skier to watch, very graceful. Me? Not so graceful! (Although T wouldn't agree with my assessment - He'd say I'm too hard on myself.)

2. While teaching, I was asked to serve additionally as the Gifted teacher – I became the Gifted Physical Education teacher. TRUE
My teaching position was at a very small elementary school. So small, that I was only part-time, teaching only in the afternoons (for someone who is not a morning person, it was the perfect job, I didn't have to be in until 12). The morning time was an intense time with reading, math, etc. The woman who was the Gifted & Talented (GAT) teacher left a month into the school year. Her workload was heaviest in the mornings - so my principal, wanting to give me more hours and offer a familiar face to the students, asked me if I wanted to fill in.

Looking back, I wish I had said no. I had no idea what I was doing, even though a newly retired GAT teacher was helping me - I was in way over my head. The year I did this I became very close to a breakdown.

I gave it my all but it was intense. I did have some fun times with those students and I learned a lot about myself and my principal - I learned that she was nuts. ;-) As for my teaching, I learned how to ask better questions to lead children into discovering more and challenge themselves.

Oh, if you could have seen the looks on the parents' faces when they came in for meetings with me to plan their children's IEPs (individualized education plans) and I greeted them in my sweats and Nike's! And that is how I became the "gifted PE teacher."


3. I’ve never met anyone famous. TRUE
Nope, not a one (but I have talked to Ginger, Susan and weavermom!) They are as close as I've gotten!!

4. I was married before my 21st birthday. TRUE
Just less than a month before my birthday!

5. I fell victim to the 90s high school trend of rolling the bottoms of my jeans - and we rolled them tight! TRUE
Oh, boy, certainly did - and like Anna said, the tighter the better!

6. My favorite sport to watch on TV is track and field. TRUE
Shocking to many, yes, track and field is my favorite sport to watch (nascar coming in third - after cheerleading competitions/dance shows). I like the mechanics of movement - I like to take apart each athlete's movements - their stride, how they use their arms, etc. Weird, I know!

7. I was called ‘half-pint’ by my elementary PE teacher. TRUE
What more can I say!

8. I prefer Pepsi over Coke. TRUE
A diet wild cherry Pepsi at that - 24 oz please! Coke tastes bitter to me.

9. I was just at the beach and I ate no seafood while I was there – and I do not have a seafood allergy. TRUE
No seafood, zip, zilch, zero, nada - but this coming week, watch out! lol


Thanks for playing along, I had fun reading your guesses!


(`'•.¸(`'•.¸¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
*:-:¦: Leigh Ann :¦:-:*
(¸.•'`(¸.•'´`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

17 comments:

Sandy said...

I was gonna guess the Seafood one but I'm glad I didn't considering I would have been wrong anyways! I'm not disappointed because you weren't giving out any prizes anyways!!! :-p

Anonymous said...

It's about time you posted the answers. I had a feeling this would come out this way.

Hey, I am very famous. I talked on the phone to this Leigh Ann person once and she is very well known in the blogging world and that makes me one famous person! I think you may have lied somehow, hmmm.

I think once an anthlete always an athlete. It's just in your blood. I wouldn't know, but I see it in my family.
We sat all weekend watching the French Open (tennis). I love watching it because my husband loves it! It's in his blood forever!

Fun, fun Leigh Ann. I know you pretty well, but was just so torn as to how to answer. Oh the pain!

MorningSong said...

Well, I didn't see that one coming. :o) I had a feeling #2 was too obvious to be false the more I thought about it. That was fun.

Susan said...

Oh that was so fun to read your answers, Leigh Ann. I'm so glad to know Ginger, Weaver Mom and I are famous. I think for me, anyway, it might be infamous!!!
Susan

Mrs. Breum said...

I like wild cherry pepsi, too! Except I like the real thing (soooo bad, I know). :)

Anonymous said...

I loved your detailed explanations. Thrilled to win! I'm glad I'm getting to know you even better, but please don't ever look at the mechanics when I run....you might fall over laughing! :)
Jezz

Anonymous said...

LOL, I did the tight rolling of the jeans, too. What were we thinking? LOL!!

Of course you can come play Monolpoly with us! If you even come to South Carolina, let me know! :o)

Pen of Jen said...

I have missed everyone's, when I play this. I wonder what therapy I am eligible for, because I am testing so poorly????

Pen of Jen said...

Leigh Ann, I just did this on my home school blog, I really had fun doing it. I hope that is not admitting that I like to fool people!!!
mcbenningschool.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!! That's exactly what I thought...#1 sounded more like T than you! Give me a real challenge! ;-) Looking forward to getting our sand-man here!!
HJW

Myrna said...

Good answers! I enjoy getting to know our blogging friends a little better. Thanks for sharing yourself1

Julieann said...

Ohhh, that was good!! I have never skiied.

Julieann:)

Kelli said...

Bummer I didn't win! ;0) I had fun playing along!
Kelli

Just Mom said...

Yes, but were you really called the Gifted Physical Education Teacher. ;-)

Heather K said...

Ha! was I ever wrong... so maybe it was T that I read about...? who knows...? not me apparently!! well this was fun.... I did the really tight legged jeans in the 80's! like you say... the tighter the better! oh my... I remember squeezing into those second skin jeans...lol... thanks again

Ruth said...

Well, I missed that one, too! Fun choices, however!! =o)

Lori said...

This was fun to read and learn more about you.