November 5, 2010

Jesse Tree Ornaments

Let me introduce you to my most current headache project.



My Jesse Tree ornaments.  I've ooh'ed and aah'ed over the ones on this site, but knew I could make my own.  I even bought the iron-on transfers, but it looked like tedious and intricate work - work that would never be completed.  So I waited.

And waited. 

For 3 years.

And then this year, I was looking at new project releases on the You Can Make This website.  And then I found it.   I was thrilled because I found a way to add color to the designs.  I was planning to stitch outlines around the designs, but giving it color is what was holding me up.  I came across stitching projects using crayons to give the design the perfect bit of color!

So I set to work and I'm more than halfway done.  I have until November 28, the first day of Advent, to complete them.  I'm really excited about them.  So I wanted to share just a sneak peek.  I'll be sure to post them when I'm done with a short tutorial.  If you like them, but don't want to make your own, I'll make sets to sell for about $500! ;-D





post signature

3 comments:

Just Mom said...

$500? I'll buy a set! ;-D

weavermom said...

Can't wait to see the finished project!!!

$500? he he

Lynn said...

Should I tell JM that the set is only $175 at the "Jesse Tree" site?

What a great idea! I loved the link too....