November 23, 2010

He's going to be 8?

My youngest two children both have birthdays in December!   My daughter knows she is turning 6 and is super excited!

Every. Single. Time. I ask my 3 year old how old he will be on his next birthday, I get the same response.

Here's how it plays out.

Mom: Colin, how old will you be on your next birthday?

Colin (annoyed he has to answer this. Again.): 8 (with a sigh)

Mom: No.

Colin: 7 (obviously bothered and annoyed)

Mom: Noooooo. 

Colin: 4 (with a huge sigh and both language showing the signs of giving up)

Mom: YES!

2 minutes later ... repeat above.

It just cracks me up, because he sounds so sure of himself!

My baby will turn 4 in two weeks - I think we'll get him straightened out by then.  However, me?  I may need help adjusting!

post signature

3 comments:

Just Mom said...

LOL! Now why am I not surprised by Colin's reactions to your questions. ;-D He's a funny one, that one.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

andrew has been convinced that he's moving straight from pre-school to second grade. if i homeschooled, that may be a possibility! :o)

Anonymous said...

I was always sure I had been older at one time. I think I just wanted to be older like my big brother. I'm sure C feels the same.