I use our math curriculum (RightStart Math) to gauge our year's length. So, technically my son is now in 3rd grade and my daughter is starting kindergarten as we head into summer.
I've found, and I think a lot of moms discovered this too, that my kids need a schedule over summer. We can't just stop everything. So, we'll continue working through the Adventures in My Father's World curriculum for the summer.
We have 2 trips to the beach planned this summer and a family camping weekend with our church. Not a whole lot more going on. Which is just the way I like it!
What do you have planned for your summer vacation?
6 comments:
I thought Q was starting college.
;-D
Hooray for vacation! I know you'll have a great time. We don't have anything planned yet, we are waiting to hear when our army son will be home.
We have MOVING planned. We finished school last week as well but I REFUSE to do any school related stuff over the summer. We typically do more outside stuff like parks and the like because it's not warm here for very long. Once we get to GA, I haven't a clue what we'll be doing.
Kids come back home late in July. That's enough for me!
sounds like a nice summer. hope everyone enjoys every minute of it.
(i'm jealous you're going to be on a beach. i know i've had my fill but that would be my first choice in summer vacations.)
Every year I try not to fill up our schedule but it always happens! Between VBS, church camp, Arnold Family Reunion, camping with the family, our weekends are getting full and I HATE that! I wish I lived somewhere that its warm year round so we aren't cramming as much as possible into 4 months!!!
Post a Comment