December 8, 2009

November's Thankful Tree

Every November we do a Thankful tree, adding a leaf each day with something we are thankful for.  And every November, I'm scrambling to cut out leaves and usually getting annoyed with the process.

I thought ahead this year, and in October, we gathered up some pages with leaves printed on them and pulled out the paints.  The kids had a wonderful time painting them!






It was more work than usual, but after getting them laminated at a local teacher store, I'm hoping we can reuse them (as long as I don't forget where I put them!)


We had a few too many, so before laminating them, we sent some to a friend who had mentioned all the pretty leaves in her yard had already fallen off the trees.

Rather than starting at the beginning of the month, we waited until 2 weeks before Thanksgiving; that way each child could have a leaf every day.

It's a little hard to see, but here's our tree!


I think my favorite this year was Quintin's thankfulness for "new teeth!"



post signature

8 comments:

weavermom said...

What a great idea!!! Beautiful. :)

Just Mom said...

Cute, cute, cute!




How come I didn't get any leaves???

Charity Hildebrand said...

Oh what a good idea! And looks like your kids had a lot of fun doing it!

Susan said...

Very clever.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Still have the beautiful leaves hanging up to enjoy! I think they will be there until next fall! I love special gifts to put on my frig and this one is priceless!!! I am thankful every day for your friendship and the joy of getting to know you and your family!





JM, her kids like me best, LOL

Tracy said...

What a neat idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Lynn said...

What a great idea! It turned out so well.

... said...

what a wonderful idea and such a beautiful tree. great job everyone.