The kiddos got their trick or treat outfits on Friday morning for the annual photo!
From left to right: Construction worker, cowgirl and Indiana Jones
Quintin was the easiest to outfit this year - he knew what he wanted to be right away and already had the hat and satchel. We went to buy the IJ whip but no one had it. So, he decided to put the money we were going to use to buy it towards buying Operation and Monopoly - I thought it was a better buy anyway! He's a giver!
Elle had been planning on being a vet and then we were going to pull our wagon full of stuffed animals. She and I had a morning to ourselves and went to purchase the pattern and she picked the cutest fabrics. But, when it came to sewing it, I just couldn't make heads or tails (pun intended) of the pattern. I let her know of our situation and after her initial sadness; she graciously accepted my offer to finish it after the upcoming holidays. She even added, "Maybe we'll have it finished before next Trick or Treat!" Wow! She graciously gave me a whole year! What a sweetheart!
As we were first figuring out what/who they were going to be, we were still unsure about Colin. Daddy kiddingly asked, "Who wants to be a quarry worker like me?" Of course Colin, who's all about his daddy, raised his hand and said ME!! We planned on the hard hat and I even suggested throwing some stone dust all over him so he could look like Daddy too! ;-D Once the hard hat came home, Colin decided it was too heavy (since they have an abundance of hard hats at work, we didn't go buy one - besides, the child ones aren't OSHA or MSHA approved ... hahahahahaha [msha is the same as osha, just mine safety].
Colin wasn't really digging (yep, that one was intended too) the look. We spent the morning visiting Grandmas and he left the hat behind.
When evening rolled around, and I questioned even heading out to the neighbors as I saw the abundance of candy from the grandmas (and the candy from the sweet ladies from the office my mom was working at), we decided to just visit a few houses. Daddy was packing up his hunting gear to drive to the cabin to archery hunt on Sat. BINGO! We had a new idea for Colin, and he still got to go as Daddy!! Four houses later, we were back home. I let the kids pick a movie, so we watched Polar Express and enjoyed popcorn!


7 comments:
So, so, so much fun and cute!
I've missed reading your fun posts on fb or blogs (whatever you bloggers call it)! :)
They are so DOGGONE cute!! I can not get over Colin's little dimples though....can't get over them!
Oh what FUN! They are precious. It has dawned on me today just how much some of my blogging friends' children are growing right before my eyes! Yours are like that for me.
Hugs,
Susan
they're all so cute. and you must be very proud of them. they could have thrown fits over the changes but from what you wrote, handled it all very maturely. that always feels good.
I always love your precious pictures.
Cutest kids on any block hands down!
They are so cute!!! :)
Post a Comment