November 20, 2009

Fall Break ... part 5

Our final full day on the ship, last Wednesday, was a "day at sea."  We put all the kids in their kids' clubs in the morning and did some shopping - we do have two kiddos with birthdays in December and we had a little princess who would really like a princess doll!  T and I also took the free time to shop for pictures.  They have professional photographers walking around taking candid shots as well as posed shots with characters. 

On Pirate Night, we stood in line for the kids to get their picture taken with Pirate Mickey - just as I was about to snap the picture I noticed it was blurry.  I took it anyway and could have cried at the results.



We wanted to buy this picture and see if there were any other good pictures of the kids.  They really do a good job getting lots of pictures!



They were also taking some pictures at dinner too, and we couldn't resist this one of Pirate Elle and her "hook."  I think her braids with the beads on the end look absolutely adorable under her cap.  But hey, that's just my opinion.  I think her face is precious as well, but I'm her mom! :)


After shopping, and hiding the purchases in our stateroom's closet, we gathered up the kiddos. Quintin had been in Stitch's Great Adventure and Elle and Colin got to march with Mickey and listen to Snow White tell a story.  It was so precious to hear Elle tell us all about Snow White - she was in awe!

Prior to going, I had read that if new movies are due in the theater while on a disney cruise, they'll show them in one of their theaters.  It wasn't a new release to the theater that we saw, but one that came out on video while we were out at sea - UP!  I had seen this movie earlier in the summer with Quintin and Elle and I was eager to have T and Colin see it too.  We grabbed a quick lunch and then headed to the theater with 2 cousins (boys, ages 16 and 15 - their faces were hysterical as they listened to Elle tell of her adventures with Snow White!)  Bonus - Up in 3-D!

We have so many wonderful memories of this vacation and thanks for letting me share them with you.  I'll finish with a few more pictures I couldn't fit in anywhere else, and some of our other memories!





Early Sunday morning, as we were dressing the kids to get ready to leave for the airport, I pulled Colin's favorite short sleeved shirt out of his dresser and asked T, "Is this one okay?"  I was asking because it was short sleeves, but it was good I asked.  T answered, "No, that's not a good one for a plane ride."  I was puzzled for a second until I re-read his Fourth of July t-shirt, "KABOOM!"  LOL!!!

One time while walking around Elle asked, "Why is everything Mickey?"

And while waiting for our plane to take off (waiting for over an hour ... after an unexpected, extended layover in Charlotte, NC), Elle asked, "When are we going to blast off?"

Quintin heard a man with a strong accent talking to T and me.  After the man left, Quintin looked at us and said, "I could understand everything he said and he was speaking Spanish."  We chuckled and explained the man was speaking English, he just had an accent - and it wasn't even a Spanish accent!

Colin was pretty quiet on this trip, taking it all in.  He earned back his nick-name of "Velcro" because he wanted his daddy to carry him EVERYWHERE!

This was my first Disney experience ever - I enjoyed the low-key, not very overwhelming experience the cruise provided.  Maybe one day, we'll experience a theme park with the kids!  But for now, we've got some amazing memories to keep us going!
post signature

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. LOL - love the one with T - so funny!

Just Mom said...

Where are the photos of you and Minne Mouse?

Sorry about your camera. :-( But YAY for the Disney cruise people!

Lisa H said...

What a great vacation! I've never considered a Disney cruise, but I sure think it lookslike fun.

And by the way, it's not just 'cuz you're her mom...the picture of Elle is absolutely ADORABLE! :)

doris f. said...

Hi, I'm musicaljean's sister. I have enjoyed this so much. We went on a Disney Cruise in 99. Our son won it by selling pizzas for marching band! It was the best vacation I ever had. I would go again in a heartbeat! We loved our waiters too. Wanted to bring them home with us =)Next time you go, take in Paradise Island. They have 2 wonderful aquariums...it's all pretty amazing. And oh the straw market - what an experience!

Thanks again for sharing your trip...so thankful I clicked on your blog!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys go to experience this vacation! What a blessing! Loved every single update you shared!

Dave and I both cracked up a Q thinking the guy had a spanish accent, LOL, just too cute!

Oh, and Elle is adorable, no doubt there!

... said...

thanks for sharing your photos and memories. it sounds and looks like you all had a wonderful time - which is what vacations should be.

love those pics of elle. i can imagine her sitting and listening to snow white with rapt attention.

MorningSong said...

I just caught up with your vacation posts - SO FUN! We have debated whether to go on the cruise or to the parks and it is so nice to hear a first-hand experience.

Sounds like either choice is a win! Maybe the cruise is a better route to take with young ones - not so much walking around the grounds in the heat.

Thanks for sharing! It was clearly a GREAT time for all!

weavermom said...

I can TOTALLY see why you could not resist that picture of Elle - so, so cute!!! :)