A paradise it was!! BEAUTIFUL! I think everyone felt we could have skipped the day at Nassau and been at Castaway Cay for 2 days!!!
Since we didn't swim at Nassau, we had some eager children ready to hit the sand and waves!
(Look closely, he's wearing his necklace from the Straw Market)
(The "bracelets" were their entry/exit "keys" for the children's clubs.)
As we exited the ship, T and I spotted two familiar faces - but not so familiar to our children. Colin wanted to keep shouting, "Okay! Dave!" thinking it was Alvin, Simon or Theodore!
As we continued to the beach area, we passed the Flying Dutchman, a pirate ship used in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
And who should we spy at a picture spot in front of the ship? None other than Captain Jack Sparrow, himself! (Had it been Johnny Depp, I would have been in line for a picture too!!)
Beautiful water! Blue water! Clear water! We had fish swimming past our feet when just a few yards into the water. There was a snorkeling area that a lot of T's family tried out, including T! He said it was awesome - I took his word for it! :-D
I must credit my mother in law for this next picture - gorgeous!! I think it looks like a postcard!!
A fun time to play with cousins...
Ahhh, that water! It was a week ago yesterday that we were there ... hard to believe!
Quintin saw another Oceaneer's club activity he wanted to participate in while on the island - Captain Hook's Treasure Hunt!
We boarded the ship around 3, trying to beat the rush that would come when everyone had to be back on by 5. We found Minnie greeting everyone as we came aboard.
Every 15 minutes, a new character arrived. We didn't stay long enough for more pictures, but we did enjoy watching from our balcony while the kids rested. You could always find Disney movies on the TV in our stateroom - we took advantage of it, as it allowed for some much needed rest time.
One last look at the island before departing.
My favorite picture (and currently the wallpaper on my computer). Our first experience of a sunset over the Atlantic ocean.











10 comments:
Leigh Ann,
I'm LOVING this trip. I'm living vicariously through your posts. I never thought I wanted to take a cruise, OR go to Disney World, but this looks like FUN!
Great pictures! By the way, how do you make your pictures so big? I'm new to blogger, so I'm still trying to figure everything out. I can only post my pictures in one size. Please share your secrets :)
I can imagine your kids excitement at seeing all these "visitors". The beauty is awesome.
Susan
I LOVE the photos! And yes, your, your mother-in-law took a great shot. :-D
Yay, beach photos! The beach is where my heart is on vacation!
All of the photos are spectacular! It looks so wonderful and like such a good time! We you under restriction to not post any of your inlaws? LOL Trav's mom took a great shot and one worth keeping.
What a blessing to be able to take this trip. You will remember it forever and hopefully the kids will as well. I know Jen was around 5 when we went to Disney and she does remember parts of it. I'm sure the whole cruise will make a deeper impression on the kids and they will remember.
Did you bring me any sand home?
We are actually getting ready to take a trip to Orlando not this fall but the next fall because then Cooper would be old enough to ride the majority of the rides. Plus we need to save up!! We have talked about taking the cruise too. Can you email me at pendleyjen@hotmail.com and let me know what you thought and give me some pointers of things we should and shouldn't do? The trip looks great!!!!
I've heard the Disney cruise is absolutely amazing..it sure seems like it. glad you all got to enjoy it.
This looks like the vacation of a lifetime...
This will be the "happy place" in your head for a long time...
I'm with Tracy. I'm LOVING this trip and seeing your photos!! That sunset - WOW!
I totally want to do this with our family now.
i've heard of disney cruises but didn't know anything about them. your pictures and descriptions show me what a wonderful vacation it would be for anyone. i love the island and all the disney touches.
Post a Comment