February 27, 2009

Doesn't it look fun?

I think so!! It's a weaving loom.

I just love learning a new craft and I've seen these before and I think it would be fun to learn. Someday maybe. If I take anything more on, my family may never see me! HA! And these things aren't cheap - although the price is not near what I thought it might be. It's a little less than an average sewing machine.

Is there a craft/skill you've wanted to learn. What's holding you back?

Have a wonderful weekend!!

post signature

10 comments:

Tracy said...

I saw this just this morning, too, and I was SHOCKED at the price. It's so tiny compared to the skein of yarn sitting beside it. Although, it DOES look like fun! I'd love to learn to tat. Do you know how?

... said...

actually, it does look fun. i've watched people use looms and i'm always amazed at the skill.

i always wanted to learn how to make stained glass creations. i think they're beautiful.

hope you have a wonderful weekend, too.

Jen said...

I am amazed at the skill people possess to do this. I myself can hardly sew a button on a shirt! Horrible....I know! Let us know if you get one!

Shirley said...

I would love to do the rug braiding like you did. Holding me back ... um, well, a house :)

Just Mom said...

I'd like to learn how to walk and chew gum at the same time before I take on another craft.

;-D

Valerie said...

I had one of these as a kid! Ok, it was plastic and flimsy, but it worked. :) I made scarves with it. Lots of fun.

Vanessa Cole said...

Sign me up! :-)

weavermom said...

Oh I like this one!

I want to take the cake decorating classes for sure, and I have always wanted to learn how to make lace - which is odd, because I'm so not a "lace" girl. In fact, I don't think there is any at my house outside of my daughter's room. But, I guess it just seems interesting to learn how make it.

And someday, I want to learn how to make jelly like my Granny did.

Anonymous said...

I want to knit a baby blanket. What's holding me back? My kids, they haven't given me a reason to make that blanket just yet ;)

michelle said...

ummm the actual "skill" part is what is holding me back. :-)