I remember our first Valentine's Day. February 14, 1992 was a Friday. I was bummed because there was a basketball game scheduled that night that I needed to cheer at. But, your positive self said we could do something together on Saturday.
It snowed that day during school and the basketball game was cancelled.
If I remember correctly, I drove out to your house. Your parents were out that evening and you suprised me with dinner.
I remember flounder stuffed with crabmeat and dessert - hahaha!! (Of course I do!)
I was so impressed with your culinary skills but you were quick to let me know, that your mom purchased it at the store. Humbleness being one of the many qualities I love about you.
And for dessert, a big chocolate chip cookie like the ones you'd seen me drool over at the mall so many times. This one was homemade and said, "Your special!" - we still chuckle over the misspelling.
I don't remember what we talked about, but at ages 17 and 16, having only known each other for 7 months, I'm sure it wasn't anything too intellectual - like our discussions nowadays! ;-)
I never remember a time when I wasn't relaxed around you. You have always been able to calm me down within seconds of my blood pressure rising!! Not having anything to say wasn't a big deal either - sitting quietly next to you is not uncomfortable - it never was.
It snowed that day during school and the basketball game was cancelled.
If I remember correctly, I drove out to your house. Your parents were out that evening and you suprised me with dinner.
I remember flounder stuffed with crabmeat and dessert - hahaha!! (Of course I do!)
I was so impressed with your culinary skills but you were quick to let me know, that your mom purchased it at the store. Humbleness being one of the many qualities I love about you.
And for dessert, a big chocolate chip cookie like the ones you'd seen me drool over at the mall so many times. This one was homemade and said, "Your special!" - we still chuckle over the misspelling.
I don't remember what we talked about, but at ages 17 and 16, having only known each other for 7 months, I'm sure it wasn't anything too intellectual - like our discussions nowadays! ;-)
I never remember a time when I wasn't relaxed around you. You have always been able to calm me down within seconds of my blood pressure rising!! Not having anything to say wasn't a big deal either - sitting quietly next to you is not uncomfortable - it never was.
Thank you for loving me, despite...my shortcomings
And, thank you for "taking what you get" when you walk in from work. There is always something for dinner, but the house usually isn't straightened up - and you don't fuss. The kids may still have peanut butter from lunch smeared on their face - and you don't complain. And you still tell me you love me and how beautiful I look, even when you walk in the door and find me on the floor, playing with the kids - in sweats and unsure if I really did take a shower that day...or was it yesterday?
I love you T.
I love you for you! And I love you for who I am when I'm with you.
And, I love, that through you, I learned about our Savior.
Happy Valentine's Day!







24 comments:
*sniff*
That was beautiful.
:-D
(I thought we were going to embarrass ourselves on our blogs today.)
I don't know about you, but I consider old pictures pretty embarrassing!
LOL
What a sweet post LA. Happy Valentines day!
what a sweet valentine to your valentine. i loved all the pics, especially the old ones =)
How sweet!
Do you generally have a habit of biting things you love? :)
Awwwwwwwwwww...how sweet!!
aww...so sweet.
I especially loved the french braid with the babies breath and puffy purple sleeved dress. Hot stuff!
Oh now, this one brought tears to my eyes!!!!! You are both indeed BLESSED and so are your 3 precious, adorable kiddo's, and yes, even us, your friends!!!!
((hugs))
Susan
That was fun to read about your first Valentines.
What a wonderful husband you have there.
Have a great Valentines Day!!
Awwwww....that was awesome!
Awww - beautiful.
And I too love the hairstyle with the flowers in it. :)
Wow, Leigh Ann, that was one awesome post. Just precious.
Aww, this is so sweet!
Love it - thanks for sharing - and, it is not TMI :) Sorry, Trav, we love reading the sweet stuff, too.
Savannah loved the french braid - I could see her wheels turning that she might like that done to her hair :)
OK, this was one of the sweetest, most genuine Valentine tributes ever!
How sweet that you were high school sweethearts...those photos of you both are so wonderful and priceless!
I kind of envy people that have been so in love since being just teens since I didn't find the love of my life until after 30...but then again, at 16 I had basically just put away my Barbies...hehe.
Happy Valentine's Day to you both!
I love that you love your sweetie so much.
Jennifer
Did I remember to tell you that I like the short hair and highlights. You don't really look like you, but still cute as a button!
Awwww....you look GREAT in every picture, even the Pepsi one. ;)
Happy V-day a day late. :)
Precious. Beautiful. I loved this!
BTW, L forgot to mention, I did the whole blonde highlights too. The main difference between my highlights and yours were YOU DIDN'T HAVE MY SISTER COUNTING AND PAITING 20 STRAND OF YOUR HAIR AT A TIME FOR 15 MINUTES, GETTING TIRED OF IT, THEN AGGRESSIVELY DIPPING HER HAND INTO THE DYE AND BEFORE I COULD STOP HER SMEAR THE "HIGHLIGHT" DYE ALL OVER MY HEAD! I was a fake BLONDE! ....and that's my story, sorry for shouting.
Leigh Ann, THAT is beautiful!! Just beautiful!
Hugs,
Susan
Hey! It's Monday now. Where's the new post?
;)
Post a Comment