December 2, 2008

I'm not hiding - I'm just buried

With only 2 weeks left in the "You Can Make This DIY" Thrifty Under $50 Challenge - I'm working to get my projects finished. Unfortunately for me, my work space is in our un-heated basement ... brrr!

A peek at some in-progress gifts:
Two finished gifts:
(an apron for my 7 year old niece)
(a pocket handbag for my mother in law)

So, now you know were I've been! I'll be popping in and out for the next 2 weeks as I work to finish everything up! :-D

So, how is your Christmas gift buying going? Are you finished, half-way, or not even started?? Are you buried or just hiding? ;-D

post signature

15 comments:

Just Mom said...

"I'm not hiding -- I'm just buried."

Uh-huh. And the rest of us aren't?

;-D

Monica said...

I've got at least half of it done. I did brave it and go out on Black Friday. It was worth it for the good deals that I got. Your gifts are great, they come from the heart and were made with love!

Heather K said...

Hi Leigh Ann
I'm dreading Christmas this year...kinda....I should be making gifts too...my sewing machine cord/foot pedal are missing or I could be sewing. With our adoption process starting I don't have alot to spend so am a bit panicked about the whole thing... oh well things always work out because the Lord is in control of it all!!
Way to go on your gifts!! they look great!
take care
Heather

Susan said...

As always you are excelling. We are going light on gifting this year. Our family all decided this and I'm so glad. Just small little items for the adults...of course we do for the grands. I haven't felt the panic of the gifts this year and it's been a real blessing and I'm almost done. Found a great recipe this morning (on line natch!) to make some sweet chocolate for all the guys. Our son-in-love is a real chocolate lover and all of them enjoy it so I was delighted to find this.

Both the apron (so cute!) and the bag are lovely. Be sure and come up for air once in awhile.
Susan

Lori said...

Your homemade gifts are awesome.

Love the handbag.

We are mostly done shopping.

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi Jo Comes said...

so inspiring. i'll think i'll go check out amazon now...:0)

Christy. said...

Your projects are great!
I am done, done, done! I just have to wrap the presents and put my Christmas cards in the mail.
I am always done by Dec. 1 so that I can enjoy all the fun things that December has to offer.
Now if I could just find something to wear for Jeff's company Christmas party this weekend.....

Anonymous said...

Who are you kidding. You are always hiding LOL. Time to go poke you.

Tammy said...

Wonderful projects! I love the idea of home made gifts...I wish I were a seamstress! But I am in the process of putting together two little no-sew blankets for each of my girls! :)
Anyway..stay warm down there, OK?

michelle said...

So wish I was crafty. Most of my Christmas gift shopping is done by August so it can come with our USA teams. Still gotta find something for the hubby...he's a hard one to buy for.

Anonymous said...

You are very busy. I love this time of year but there never seems to be enough time to get all the projects done that I want to do. I made gift bags, two pillow pals and am working on drawstring bags for my grown children instead of Christmas stockings to put their stuff in. Even though they are grown they love a stocking full of stuff.

Tracy said...

I am done...just need to wrap everything! YEAH!!!

You are so darn motivated. GREAT GIFT IDEAS!!!

Amber said...

TOTALLY feeling your vibe. I worked on an apron last night for 3 hours. Yes, 1 apron. I think that I need to smplify if I'm making 5 of those bad boys.
But if anything it turned out super cute. I'll e-mail you picts!

Jean said...

Those projects are great! I could really get into that, especially if I had a big work space that didn't need to be cleared away in order to eat a meal. And also if I could stay home to work on it.

My Christmas season is unlike anyone else's, it seems. I get myself buried in Christmas program prep, and I somehow quickly catch up with the "normal" Christmas things in the few days between my program and Christmas day.