December 5, 2008

More completed projects for the Challenge

I've also been updating my team's blog for the Thrifty Under $50 challenge this week - you can check out our team's progress here. And you can see what the 4 other teams have made by going here.

Let me start out by saying that I am really, really enjoying this challenge. I am the typical 'wait until the last minute to start a project' type person - but with the upcoming challenge deadline - I've moving right along with these gifts. I love that we will have the last 2 weeks before Christmas to just enjoy and not have the rush of making gifts driving us all insane!

This week I finished 2 aprons. One for my sister and one for her son.
I used this same denim (purchased last year on the clearance rack at joann's) to make a hot pad - putting to work those rug braiding skills from January.
Right now, my project is making 40 felt ice skate ornaments. I have several more projects before our December 15 deadline.
Oh, did I mention two of my kids have December birthdays? I'd like to make them each one thing for their birthday too - Did I bite off more than I can chew? We shall see!!

post signature

6 comments:

Monica said...

c-u-t-e aprons!

Susan said...

I know you'll do it. Love the pot holder.
Susan

Just Mom said...

Very nice, but aren't you done yet?


;-D

Lynn said...

You are amazing...even if you are a bit nuts!!!

Ann On and On... said...

I am taking the afternoon to read new blogs. I hope you do not mind me stopping by. Feel free to check out my blog. I am having a give-a-way that will end on Monday. Three winners! :D

I love aprons. The picture of your kids is priceless. It would make a great Christmas card. Everyone loves "real" photo's. Good luck getting all your projects done.

Short Stop said...

Quit making the rest of us look so bad. ;)

I'd like one of each, please.