This project took me the longest amount of time. LOL!! I made cross-stitched this back in 1999 for my mom and gave it to her for Christmas. With it, I gave here an idea of what I'd do with it if I had a sewing machine. I had found the cute wire hanger and gave it with the cross-stitch. I told her the idea in my head was to frame the picture with fabric and then have straps on the top to place it on the hanger.
Two weekends ago I was in my mom's sewing room and found the piece and the hanger...exactly as I had given them to her 9 years ago. I took them and said she'd be seeing it again this Christmas - because now I could finish them!! I found the adorable Christmas paisley fabric and a match was made. I finished it up very quickly, despite its 9 year hibernation. I think it turned out great. I even top stitched around the picture and just inside the outer edge to give it a more finished look. I'm so pleased with it and I just had to show her when she stopped out yesterday. I also let her know that if she didn't think she had any place for it, that I wouldn't be hurt if she gave it back to me! ;-)
I acquired an adorable tie pattern from my Thrifty Under $50 team captain and wanted to create a fun coordinating set for my kids for Christmas without it screaming "Red and Green."
Quintin's tie is a little long in the picture, but I was doing them myself...while watching a how-to video on you*tube!! T will have to tie these on a Sunday morning. Speaking of T, he was not real impressed with my idea of ties for the boys - but after seeing Quintin's HUGE smile at his new tie, he softened up a bit. I don't know if it was just more of a bother to think of having to tie them for the boys! HA!
The last project I finished yesterday is for Elle. She is getting some doll clothes for her bit.ty baby and I wanted her to have a little "diaper bag" to carry around. My mom and I made a pattern from the diaper on the bi.tty baby and she is sewing some for her too. I did let Elle pick the fabrics without her knowing what it is for - can you tell she loves pink!?!? I took the pattern of a bag I love, and printed it out at 75% to get a smaller version for her!
I have a few more projects to finish up before the challenge ends on Monday! Stay tuned for more...
11 comments:
I'll say it again, "Aren't you done yet?"
;-D
They're all adorable gifts, LA. Very lovingly made, too. Be sure to get a pic of the boys wearing their ties. I'd love to see that. :-D
Very, very cute! I can't wait to see the picture of the kiddos in all of their Christmas outfits!
So cute that Q loves his tie - Hadden is currently way into belts. :)
LA-those projects are all just adorable. The picture looks, cute, the ties and skirt are cute and the purse is adorable! Such talent you have, do you know how much money you're saving with your sewing ability?!!
You are doing a superb job with this challenge LA. I’m always amazed and can’t wait to see what you have completed next! Are you soon finished? How many more gifts? Too bad I’m not on your Christmas list :-(
If there was a blog award for Miss Clever.....it would HAVE to have your name on it. I love, love, love them all....but especially the ties matching Ell's outfit. Too cute!!!
Susan
You do beautiful work! love the handbag
Love Elle's bag - what a smart idea to print the pattern smaller!
Oo...
Ah...
Returning to gawk at your handiwork.
Oh.my.goodness!!! Those outfits are ADORABLE!!! Can't wait to see pix.
You are so creative. Love the diaper bag too...and so will Elle.
Oh My Goodness. I continue to be speechless....no wonder the toys are everywhere - mommy has got things to do...LOL!
Can u make me on of them?? :o)
Post a Comment