There once was a girl who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head. "Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today." So she did and she had a wonderful day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. "H-M-M," she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today." So she did and she had a grand day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. "Well," she said, "today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail." So she did and she had a fun, fun day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head. "YEA!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"
Attitude is everything. Choose to have a great day!
I may have posted this before, I'm not actually sure, but I have always loved this story of this little girl with such spunk!
I'm battling a cold right now and it would be so easy to complain that while the weather is beautiful, I feel miserable. But, since attitude is everything, I'm choosing to have a great day and enjoy propping my feet up and sleeping - even if nothing gets done ... sigh.
Have a wonderful weekend - and CHOOSE to make it great!
11 comments:
Thanks for this. I hope I make good choices all weekend.
KEEP BELIEVING
This story is SO right on. Attitude is everything. And yours...your spunk has served you well! It's evident in how you write about/live your everyday life!
BTW, I am this girl. I think I might braid the three hairs I have left. YES, it's still falling out. When I see you next, I will be wearing a ponytail with my one remaining hair. *sigh*
Attitude is everything...I am rolling at how fun this perspective is!
I jut wrote about marriage and the attitude one should have...we should all be like the girl you posted about:)
Jennifer
We've got some sick germs floating around our house too....mostly my mom's. I don't know if I've ever known her to be this sick. She's been out of commission for days! Feel better.
Love it! Attitude and Outlook can really get us in a slump or out of one!
Oh, hope your summer cold goes away quickly!
And you're so right...attitude is everything! I so need to work even more on this!
You are the example of GOOD ATTITUDE!!!! One of the MANY reasons I love you so :o)
Susan
I can relate as dealing with days of migraines caused me to make the decision to make the best of it as well. I spent time in the pool with dark glasses on, blogged, endured a training day at work without complaining, and made it through another full day of work without letting anyone know how awful I was feeling. Now my house got zip done in it this week, but life was much easier and I was happier to just roll with the rotten and hope for the sweet.
Thank you, I needed that! I am struggling with my attitude this week! God knows my week...
i'm so sorry you're not feeling well. hope that changes soon. you're right... it's in the attitude. you can be thankful to put your feet up, take it easy and if you're lucky, having those little ones cater to you a bit. enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Feel better soon!
Post a Comment