March 14, 2008

My First Mud Sale

No! We are not looking to buy mud!!

"Mud Sale" is the term for an annual auction/sale at one of a number of local fire companies. The sales, appropriately named for the condition of the thawing ground, attract thousands of people looking for bargains on anything from Amish quilts and antiques to lumber, buggies and lawn equipment.

We're heading to our first one tomorrow - to support our local fire company and look to buy a picnic table.

Rain is on its way...I'm gonna have to dress for a mess!!


This is gonna be interesting!


Anyone looking for a buggy?




post signature

12 comments:

Tracy said...

Wish I could come along!

... said...

sounds like fun - well, except for the mud :] hope you have a great weekend.

Jen said...

Get your boots out!!!! Be sure to take a pic of your new picnic table! I heard Amish furniture is very pretty and well built too!

Anonymous said...

And to think I came over to buy some mud!
Have fun!

Short Stop said...

Boy, the word sale will get you to go anywhere!

Have fun. Booooo for the rain.

Just Mom said...

Buggies? Really?

TO BECOME said...

Hope you have a great time, mud and all. It sounds like lots of fun. I hope you find just the right picnic table. If we lived closer, my husband would build you one. He does a great job. We love ours. Have a good day and a wonderfully fun weekend. connie from Texas

Susan said...

Sounds like fun, except for the rain.
Susan

michelle said...

Relly miss American Sales of all kinds.... I;d put my goloshes on and go with ya!

Jill said...

Ummmm...not looking for a buggy but Ithink this sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you bring your camera!

weavermom said...

I want a buggy! :) Can you send to CO?

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Lynn said...

Another friend just told me about this "mud sale." Where have I been? I've never heard of such a thing.

Did you buy some new wheels? I hear buggies are in right now. :)