February 20, 2008

Kids' Day

A local grocery store/nursery offered a Kids' Day on Monday. Even with the schools being closed, it wasn't as busy as I thought! My dad and I loaded up the kids (an extra pair of hands is always great - thanks Dad!) and had a great time.

We went through the store stopping at various stations to pick up bags of chips, popcorn, and so many other treats, too many to mention. (Short Stop: they had Utz chips and Tastykakes!! - I thought of you!!)

We headed out to the nursery where the kids each got to plant a little seed (you can see their cups in the pictures).


Not to be left out, here's my little man and my dad!!

It was a great time walking around the nursery and seeing the fish and playing in the water!! (of course!!)


It was really a great thing the store offered and I am making a mental note to be sure and do it again next year!!

If all goes well, we'll be planting their sunflower seeds in mid-May. Have you heard the one about my, ahem, green thumb?!?!


post signature

21 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks like a fun day.

Heather K said...

Leigh Ann that sounds like a wonderful day...made me miss my dad (and mom for that matter)...what a great way to spend a day with the kids..
Janelle and I went to the lake with the dog for a little outing this afternoon..nice to get out of the house after sick days here too.
take care..
Heather

Anonymous said...

Aw, cute pics and what a fun outing!!

weavermom said...

Looks like fun!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the big sunflowers. :)

Susan said...

Oh what fun. Loved seeing the picture of your dad :o)
Susan

Anonymous said...

What a fun time. So cool that your dad went along. My dad and Jen were always so close. He had a hard time watching her grow up and not need him as much. They were quite the pair. Who else would let a little kid put their hard ice cream in the microwave?

Love the pictures of the kids as always. Too bad you didn't bring my head along to enjoy all the fun, hehe.

Anonymous said...

Where was this hot spot?!! Sounds like a lot of fun! Do share your secret! It was fun watching your family on Sunday. Your kids interact so well! I'm jealous!!! You're doing something right!
Talk to you later...Heidi

... said...

sounds and looks like fun. great pics. who says fun has to cost a lot of money. my kids grew up on these kind of events.

Tracy said...

How fun!!! I wish our town did fun things like that. It would be a field trip for the daycare kids!!

Shirley said...

Oh, looks like a fun time! Was that SKH - my former SKH? *sigh*
Thanks for sharing!
S

Tracy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. What a good grandpa your dad is!

MorningSong said...

What a fun time! Looking forward to seeing those flowers bloom!

Blessings!

Just Mom said...

WHAT????!!!! You're having nice weather?????!!!!!
We're F-R-E-E-Z-I-N-G here.

Glad you all had fun.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

If I see one more post today with warm weather; green, growing, living things; exposed skin, I think I may pack up and drive south until I run out of money and gas.
KEEP BELIEVING

Tammy said...

What a great idea and a fun day!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Looks like such fun! Wish we could have come.

BTW - did you change you RSS feed settings? I am not getting the "whole" story in my reader!

Jenileigh said...

Gorgeous pics! Looks like you all had a ball!

Jill said...

How fun. I love those types of kids day events. And, oh....how I'd love a grandpa nearby to come along with us!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

What an awesome day! Great way to spend it with your dad and kids!

Lori said...

Love these pictures Leigh Ann.
Cute! Cute!
Looks like you had some fun times.

Kelli said...

What a fun day you all had! Your kiddos are so cute!
Hugs,
Kelli