February 21, 2008

My southern pals!

A young family from our church moved to Alabama this past fall to work with the We Care Program at a correctional facility in Alabama. John and Shirley have two young children (their son and Quintin were in the same Sunday School class) and she's just begun blogging to chronicle their experiences and happenings. Since she's new to blogging, I'd love it if you have a chance to stop over and say hello and welcome her to this crazy world of blogging! She's just started posting some "Alabama-isms" which are keeping me guessing! Click on their picture to go to their blog!!

Alabama Time

Also, if you have a chance to stop by another southerner's blog - MorningSong started one to document her sewing - which is awesome!! Plus, she's got a great looking header on her new blog! ;-)


Pulling Thread

And one more southerner to share - this one sews too! Meet Sewsensible, she's friends with MorningSong and has just started a new website to sell her patterns that she has created. She designs her patterns for young children with modesty in mind. I have her Twirl SKORT pattern and just picked up some material this week to make it. I can't wait to get started - but there are several other projects that must be finished first. Sew many projects, sew little time! (did ya like that?) Oh, and she has the cutest pattern for Easter baskets!

sewsensible.net



post signature

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I love Morningsong and appreciate her talent even though I no longer sew. Her new header is suuuuweet! Great job!

Do I dare introduce myself to your Alabama transplants? I don't want to scare her away from blogging.

Susan said...

I'm familiar with Sewsensible but not the other two. Will check them out. Thanks for the links and I love your pun!!!!
Susan

Shirley said...

Thanks, LA! You are quite the PR person - I am feelin' the love from so many people who say "I heard about your blog from LA" :) Now, I am feeling the pressure to both make my blog "nice" and to say something profound! LOL
Anyway - thanks a million! Say Hi to Q from H!!

Shirley said...

OH - and THANKS for calling us young :)

Just Mom said...

L-O-V-E that blog header you did for MorningSong. You're so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o talented. The bestest blog designer in the who-o-o-o-o-o-o-le world. :-D

Jean said...

You're SEW funny!!

MorningSong said...

Sew many "shout outs" in sew little time! :) "All us southerners extend our warmest gratitude to you, MommaRoar! You are truly a talented and kind friend."

You are the best! You basically made what I had in mind but better! Thank you THank you Thank you!! :)

... said...

always looking for a new blog to read. i'll check them all out - even though i don't sew :D

Mary@notbefore7 said...

OK...so, you sew? When can I place my order for things? come on down here and teach me a thing or two. I saw some of Morning Song's work adn she is great!