It was Pirate Week last week here on the SS Roar! Quintin and I worked through a Pirate Lapbook from In The Hands of a Child. And, Elle? Um, she was just having a blast with her dress up clothes!A lapbook is an educational learning tool that keeps things of a similar theme together. There were coloring pages, a fun quiz, dot to dot, counting activities, writing, illustrating a story - and then they all go together in a folder to keep it nice and neat.
Quintin has been pulling it out every now and then and just sitting quietly while looking through it. There are a lot of variations of lapbooks, and some can get quite elaborate. We choose a simple style - one folder. It was a lot of fun. Here are some more pictures from our week.
****************
Here is a lapbook I made up for Elle to introduce letters. I just bought two packs of ABC stickers and needed 2 folders and index cards. One set of stickers went inside the folder and Elle placed the other set of stickers on index card. We put half the alphabet in each folder and then made pockets on each folder to store the cards.



12 comments:
I LOVE IT, LEIGH ANN!
I'll need to re-try our pirate theme now that Just Son is a little older.
homeschooling is so much cooler than i ever thought it could be. i'd love to be in your classroom. and i love the first pic. i can't help it - your kids just make me smile :D
when you get a chance, head over to my place. i have something for you.
Can my kids come to Momma Roar's school?? It looks FUUUUN!
You are so creative!
Thanks for sharing your "school fun".
Sound fun. I have to ask though...couldn't Elle find anything else to put on. hee hee!!! Such cuties, ALWAYS!
Susan
How cool! Makes me wonder if I should be home schooling my kids.
I learned about lap books from Sonya just a few months ago and think they are so cute. And that photo...oh! my! word! Elle is a hoot! Give her an A+ for personality and cuteness.
Very neat. Great idea. I love those lap books.
Cute pictures of your kids.
I want to be in your school....maybe this time I would learn something!
That picture of Elle is AWESOME!
I think lapbooks are so cool! They are such a great idea for teaching/learning. The pirate one ROCKS!!
These are so precious...what a good mamma you are..
deby
You are a cool mama and I am so thankful for you and your wonderful ideas. When I begin to think I am crazy to do this homeschooling thing...I think of you and how awesome you are and I remind myself that someone so awesome is crazy like me too :)
Post a Comment