A business acquaintance of T's invited us to dinner to a new restaurant in a town just north of us. They are older than us, as their oldest son is about 25 and they also have 3 younger children. But, T and P get along really well and we had an enjoyable time last year when we got together. T knows their oldest son - as he is involved in his dad's business and they both get into the quarry.
P told us they'd be picking us up at quarter til 7. Our niece came to babysit the children and we were dressed to go.
I was giving our niece last minute info as I hear T from the front room saying, "Look at that!"
Which was followed by, "That's not coming in our driveway. Its just turning around, right? Right?"
I come to the window to understand T's comments.
This is what we saw. (Okay, not this exact one, but I was too shocked to grab the camera!)
Backing into our driveway, is a white stretch limo.
T just keeps repeating, "P is not seriously picking us up in this. Where are we going?"
Which I then start to question, "Am I dressed nicely enough to eat in a restaurant where a limo is dropping us of?"
As I go hide say goodbye to the kids in the playroom, T goes outside to talk to P.
P jumps out of the limo in jeans - phew! - and he and his wife are there. I head out and say hello and meet their oldest son and his wife. Their oldest son was driving. He and his wife have an almost 3 year old girl and a just turned 1 year old boy!
It turns out that on P's farm, they have storage units and a friend of theirs stores his limo there. P said it can be stored based on the condition that they can use it once or twice a month!
P is a fun guy and he's all about having a great time!
And what fun we had!
As their son drove, P and T were in the very back and the ladies were up front. It turns out their daughter in law and I have a lot in common (besides, children the same age, we also share a love of Vera B purses!)
The 6 of us had a wonderful time!
This was a first for both T and me. P was surprised, he asked, "Didn't you have a limo at your wedding?"
"Nope," I answered, "We were driven in a 1936 Inter*natio*nal concrete mixer!! What else?"
What an awesome date night - I think it will be a while 'til we have another one as memorable as that one!!
Oh, and as we were leaving the restaurant, someone asked our "driver" who he brought. He answered "My friends," to which the gentleman asked, "Do you drive all your friends around in a limo?" heehee

11 comments:
Next time you guys go out, you think you can drop by this way and pick me up in that too?
wow! that would be so cool. did you show the kids the limo? sound like fun. glad you had such a good time.
That is awesome!! What fun!! I'm glad you had such a great, memorable time!!
What a blast. My boss has taken us out a few times in a limo and it's fun! Glad you guys had a great time.
You like Vera Bradley purses? Who know? Did you know she has a line of optical wear?
Seriously? A concrete mixer? That's so funny!
Verne and I used to go out on dates in a wrecker. No kidding.
Oh that sounds fun! I'm glad you got to have a good time!
Oh my gosh, how fun is that?!! I'm glad you had such a great time!
Kelli
What fun and what a great story!
How exciting! A date night and a limo ride!
How fun!
Jeff and I went in a limo a few months ago with his company. It makes dinner just that much more special!
So what i want to see is pics of the concrete mixer...wow.
Looks like a fun night!
Post a Comment