Its a story...
of a young girl who was head over heels in love with the boy - and she knew the boy felt the same way.
Its a story...
about a boy who proposed to the girl 13 years ago today. In Vermont, on a family ski trip to Mt Snow.
of a young girl who was head over heels in love with the boy - and she knew the boy felt the same way.
Its a story...
about a boy who proposed to the girl 13 years ago today. In Vermont, on a family ski trip to Mt Snow.
The young girl and boy left the slopes and the boy's parents early in the afternoon because the girl was getting tired. She had only been skiing since they had started dating just 3 years before. She was ready to head into the condo for some rest and hot chocolate. The boy had other plans in mind.
As the young girl and boy headed down the slope, the boy stopped as he needed a tissue. The girl watched as a ski school went past and thought it was time to go. But the boy wasn't ready yet. As the girl continued watching the ski school, she assumed the boy was putting the tissues away. She turned to the boy, who was behind her and he was on his knees. He had pulled out a box out of the pocket full of tissues. Inside the box was the most beautiful and perfect diamond the girl had ever seen.
The girl remembers hearing, "I know this isn't Colorado, but it will have to do. Will you marry me?"
Without hesitation, the young girl, just 19, said yes. She hugged the boy, just shy of turning 21.
The young couple went back to the condo where the girl ran inside to show the boy's sister (who was inside with her 20-month old daughter).
When the rest of the family returned, boy's mom and dad had a HUGE smile on their faces as they knew the boy's plans before heading out that morning.
Its a story...
of a boy and girl who got married that following year. (June 15, 1996)
Its a story...
of true love. True love...that waited.
Its a story...
of a couple - who started a family - and 11 and 1/2 years later know how very blessed they are with all God has given them.

January 4, 1995

23 comments:
Ahhh... Happy Anniversary! I still remember the date of the day Verne asked me to marry him, too.
Oh too cute!!
So ... who's this story about????
;-D
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
First, BAHAHAHAHAHAHA at JM's comment!
I LOOOOOOOOVED reading this! The picture of the two of you is so cute! :) What a romantic way to propose. Yeah, T!
How sweet is that...what a great way to remember and also share the story of your special day!
Congratulations!
Melissa
it's a story worth sharing!
happy anniversary you two silly kids.
you are so brave to post pictures from the past. it's one reason i'm in no hurry to own a scanner:0)
Happy engagement anniversary! I loved your story, Leigh Ann.
what a lovely story... with happy ending and all :]
and love the picture. it IS the picture of young love. thanks for sharing it.
What a cool story.
I enjoyed reading about his proposal to you on the skiing trip.
Happy Anniversary!
You know, I kinda think January 4 is the anniversary of Dick's proposal to me also!! Only that was back in 1969. I used to work a very early shift at The Mennonite Home and would sleep there overnight sometimes. He was dropping me off there one night, we were sitting in his Mustang talking, and he asked me to marry him. Not quite the romance of a ski slope, I admit, but it really was very romantic and enthralling to us. I often wondered if any of the old people were looking out their windows watching us, ha, ha!!
What a beautiful and sweet love story this is! A very happy engagement anniversary!!!
(Wow, you guys were so young...at least compared to my hubby and I!) ;)
JM is too funny!
Love the sweet story and feel very badly that I have no idea when we got engaged...awwww.
About that pictire....doesn't look like any of the Brady family I remember.
Congrats to both of you! Love the picture. Was your hair that long in high school? I don't remember. And T's shirt almost looks familiar.
Awww, that is so sweet and I agree, you are brave!
Oh this is WONDERFUL Leigh Ann!!! How very special and romantic. You are both indeed blessed.
Susan
Ummm...who on earth is that girl?
:)
Cute Cute - how romantic! See...you do speak of the hubby...he does exist!
And they lived happily ever after! Well...I'm sure there have been a few unhappy moments, but it's a beautiful, TRUE story! =o)
Love the picture (I think I had a sweater like that. :) )
Congratulations!! T did a great job making it romantic!
AHHHHHHH-that was awesome!!!
AWWWWWW! Happy Anniversary! That's beautiful.
What a great story! You should be a writer. What a magical memory for you both. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Too many more years to come.
God Bless!
Congratulations! What a darling story!
:0) Sharon
Love your story!! Happy Anniversary!!
Post a Comment