December 10, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday - Holiday Edition, Part 2


Lots of tiny ones talking in our house again!

Dad: Are you tired Elle? (It was about an hour and a half past her bedtime as we picked her up from the sitters...she was just wondering through their house)
Elle: What are yooooouuuuuu talking about?

Quintin was up front at church this past Sunday for the children's story. T's dad was leading the story. Grandpa was asking the children what they wanted for Christmas and he called on Quintin. While we couldn't hear Quintin, we heard Grandpa say "2 cannons and a pirate ship." Now, you have to understand my in-laws have a touch of PA dutch accent - where pirate sounds more like parrot. To all our surprise, Quintin didn't correct Grandpa (like he usually does, lol) but when he came back to sit with us - he made sure we knew he wanted a pirate ship and not a parrot ship! Quintin was dissapointed that he couldn't tell Grandpa everything. He said, "But I didn't get to tell him I want a row boat for the pirates and...." I said "You didn't have to tell him everything, he's not Santa!" And Quintin just looked at me and with a little chuckle said, "Nooooo!"

This video is after several attempts - something kept happening to make us stop - like the camera stopped recording. :( Therefore, the answers have lost their 'first response' take and have more of a 'why are you still asking me these questions?' take. I think you'll enjoy it anyway! :)

Before the video, I wanted to share one that didn't make the cut! ;)

Mom: How does Santa get to all the houses?
Quintin: He's a super hero!

And, now, on to the video!



FYI: I am in a small bells choir at church and we play this Sunday...Elle's birthday!

If you'd like to read what other tiny ones are saying, head over to Mary's!

post signature

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have the smartest, wittiest, compatable children I know. I'm thinking our kids should hang out more together....could either have a positive/negative result! They're very precious!! Have a good day!

Lori said...

That video was so darn cute. I loved that he told her...you're not singing it right.

Heather K said...

Hi Leigh Ann! Cery cute video....they crack me up...so are you going to put up a video of the handbell choir? Hope so! :D
Have an awesome Christmas
Heaher

Heather K said...

*very cute video

Just Mom said...

For a moment, I thought Quintin was going to start singing the Bruce Springsteen version of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town."
;-D


Loved the video. That Elle sure cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

I just love the mommy's accent. She is NOT from Michigan..no nasal sounding "a's" in the word jammies, hehe.

I don't have to tell you that I love the kids. Great video. I almost understood everything Elle said..woohoo!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh man. That video was great. Our kids would just have so much fun together. Eric is in the room and said, "Man, that is so much like K and T." Sure is!!!!

Happy birthday Noel. I mean...elle.

Tammy said...

Adorable video! I love how they're singing Santa Clause with Noel echoing the last word...LOL...
And aren't they singing the Jackson 5 version? ;)
Thanks for sharing this, they're just so cute!

... said...

could you just make me a video each day. your kids make me laugh and definitely smile. i need that on a daily basis. and they seem to like being on camera :]

MorningSong said...

So cute!!(the vlog)

Isn't this the best fun - sharing Christmas with our kids at this age!

I want to remember it all!

Meg said...

too, too cute! Q wants a Parrot ship, huh? :)

jennifer said...

Well totally cute!! I am loving tiny talk today!

Leigh Ann your kids are super fun!
Jennifer

Lynn said...

So cute! I can hear "parrot ship," and it reminds me of home. Loved the video too!

Tracy said...

They are so funny! I love that Elle's birthday is just in time for Christmas!

weavermom said...

Cute, cute, cute! :)

Oh, our kids would get along I think. I'm hoping they will get to play together some day!!