December 4, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday - Holiday Edition - Part 1


These are some of the TTT questions, answered by Quintin, age 5 1/2.


To read more, head over to Mary's!





1. Why do we celebrate Christmas?

"Because its Jesus' birthday."


2. What is your favorite food/treat to eat at Christmas time?
"Candy!"
*Yep, he's my son!


3. What would you like for Christmas?
"Well. I want 2 cannons, and they roll and they have cannonballs. A big treasure chest. And, then...I want a skull ship and then...what else did I want?"


4. What is your favorite Christmas activity?
"Decorating the Christmas tree."


5. What is your favorite Christmas decoration in our house?
"The lights on our Christmas tree."


6. What is the best part about Christmas?
"Baby Jesus and presents"


7. Why do we give presents?
"Because its Jesus' birthday."


8. Why do we have a tree to decorate?
"The tree reminds of the cross that Jesus died on and the lights remind us of stars in the sky."
*Someone was paying attention to our advent devotional! LOL


9. What songs do you like to sing at Christmas time?
"Jingle Bells"
"Hark the Herald Angels Sing"
"Away in the Manger"



10. What are some of the special things we do during Christmastime?
"Christmas tree and nativity set"


11. Where are some of the special places we go during Christmastime?
"To the mall to see Santa!"


12. Do you know where the presents are hidden? Did you peek?
He doesn't know there are presents hidden in the house, so it went like this.
me: When do the presents come?
Q: Christmas morning
me: Are there presents hidden in the house?
Q: That would be funny if presents were hidden in the house...giggle...
*phew, we're safe for another year!


13. Tell me about your favorite ornament and why it is special.
"I like that ringing bell (Polar E*xpress) and the ornament I painted the inside of last year - because I like painting."

14. What should daddy buy mommy?
"Special things, I don't know.....a sword...I don't know...."
*Ok, his future wife will be loving this!


15. What should mommy buy daddy?
"Telescope."
me: Does daddy like telescopes?
"No"



16. What does mommy want for Christmas? Daddy? Elle? Colin? Riley?
Mommy - ornament?
Daddy - camo backpack
Elle - something that spins around like crazy (that would be a sit n spin)
Colin - boy stuff
Riley - A dog bed


17. Why was there no room at the inn?
"What? At the inn? All the houses and hotels were full."


18. What gifts did the wise men bring?
"Gifts!"




Yeah, these are the times you feel like you're really reaching your child!!!


post signature

14 comments:

Jolanthe said...

A sword, huh? That ought to come in handy. You can come and cut the cake that I'm supposed to get. :)

Love your new blog header.

What advent devotional are you using?

Jolanthe

jodi said...

Those are fun answers! Especially the sword! LOL!

Btw...I read your testimony. That is so awesome how you came to find a relationship with the Lord. He is so good!

Anonymous said...

I love that boy!

~Just A Thought Ginger

Myrna said...

I love your tiny talk! Good answers!
I love the sword. I just want to know what you plan to do with that!

Susan said...

Awwww those answers are absolutely precious. He's going to love seeing it someday.

Hugs,

Susan

Meg said...

Super cute! I love his answers.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

We are just gonna be so darn glad we have a record of this stuff when they are 13 and "know it all". he is a doll! I love the giggle about presents in the house.

Lori said...

OH! How sweet. I enjoyed reading all his answers. Too cute.
This is fun to participate in and read everyone else's Holiday Edition TTT posts.
I posted answers to some of the questions too. You will have to come and read mine when you get a chance.

Tropical Mexican said...

You could combine the two gifts and get a sword ornament.

Kelli said...

Those were great answers! I'll bet you are looking forward to that new sword..hehee.

Kelli

... said...

so do you think you're getting a sword? hehe... too funny. all of his answers were so cute. and i think you do get through to him. his answers were very thoughtful.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I don't know...sounds to me like you really are reaching your children...they had some pretty good answers!

MorningSong said...

So fun!! I feel like it has been ages since I've "seen" you! Hope all is well!!!

Julieann said...

Very Good answers!!! I enjoyed this post, I am going to ask my daughter these questions and see how she answers them:)

Have a great evening!

Julieann