December 7, 2007

A Special Day

I'm in denial about today being December 7. It can't be! This past year went way too quickly - it should only be about....say, March 7. Yes! That would be much better...on me....but I have a little guy here that is turning 1 - and I'm sure he'd rather be 1 than 3 months old....Do any other 3 month old children crawl?

OK, so I'm sucking up my selfish anxieties and letting my baby turn 1 today. Why does it have to be so hard...9 months of pregnancy and a year have gone by already?

At 5:30am a year ago, T and I walked into the hospital for a scheduled c-section. At 8am, we had an 8lb, 1 oz baby boy. Colin's original due date was December 21 and then it changed to December 12 after my first ultrasound. We could schedule his c-section up to a week prior, and today was the day my favorite doctor was in!

Everything went fine and even though it was the third time around, it is just simply amazing. Such a tiny little baby. He was, and still is, a great baby. He sleeps and eats great! His brother and sister just love on him all the time - as do his dad and I.


Dear Colin - You are my baby...and you're turning one already! I love when I get you out of the crib after a nap, you continue to snuggle against me and keep your head on my shoulder. Even when hearing the voices of your siblings, you stay tucked against mommy. As much as I want to keep you a little baby, you are growing up into a little man. Your brown eyes remind me of your daddy and your brother and sister. But, you did get your momma's dimples - one in each cheek! You have a twinkle in your eye when you smile and even when you are about to drop another cracker on the floor for the dog. Your crawling so fast, walking a little along furniture and I know it won't be long until you're running. I love you my little man and I hope you will always run back into your momma's arms...even when you are too big to snuggle on my shoulder.



Happy B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y* Colin!!! Love, Mom

Edited to add:

Quintin came out of his room this morning and asked, "Where is Colin?"
"In his room."
"Is he 1 now?"
"Yes"
"Can I go in and see him?"
"No, he's sleeping."
"But, I wanna see how big he got!"



post signature

27 comments:

Meg said...

He's so precious! Happy Birthday, Colin.

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday to you Colin!!! The time does go by so quickly. Sometimes I wish I could go back and savor each moment soooooooo much more. Why can't they just stay little and cuddly forever???

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday to Colin! My Collin is 13 today! Where DOES the time go?

And I love Quintin's little quip!

... said...

Happy Birthday, Colin.

I know how you're feeling. Time flies by and all of a sudden your baby isn't a baby anymore.

I can't see any of your pictures :( and I want to see pictures 'cuz I know how cute he's going to be in them.

Myrna said...

Happy Birthday, Colin! He is so precious. Thank you for letting us share a little bit of his life.

Today is my sister's birthday--She is 1 X ?many! I can make fun because no matter how old she gets, I will always be just a little younger!

I wish for Colin and his siblings many years of sharing birthdays!

Short Stop said...

Happy Birthday to your little jelly legs!

BTW, I loved age 1-2. They are learning so much about life...as you know. Savor every minute, sweet friend!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Colin!!

I wasn't able to view the pictures so I will check back!!!

Have a great day!!!

Just Mom said...

Oh, he's so C-U-T-E! But you already knew that.

Love the photos.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLIN!



so...how big did he get?

Short Stop said...

I LOVE the photos! The one of you preggo is so cute!

And the cabana boy shot...to die for!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, COLIN!!!

MorningSong said...

Quintin's is priceless!! Isn't it hard to see your baby get big?? I love that JB still cuddles with me after his naps. There is nothing better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings and Happy 1st Birthday Colin!! You are clearly a delight to your family and a blessing too!

Ruth said...

Oh, what a great tribute to your little man today! Happy 1st Birthday, Colin!!

Christy said...

That is so, so sweet. And brought tears to my eyes because Layton will be TWO in March.

Time goes by so fast and sometimes I wish it would just stop!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday to Colin!!!

Anonymous said...

What a blessed little guy you have to be apart of such an incredible family. I am honored to be his "Auntie Ginger".

It is my prayer that he will grow to be a man of God and change this world in the name of Jesus!

Keep up the great work T and LA! May you have years and years and years to look back and see the wonder of everything "Colin".

Kelli said...

Awww....Happy Birthday to your big boy! The pictures are wonderful and I love what Quintin said..hehee.

Hugs,
Kelli

Tammy said...

What a sweet, sweet post!

Happy 1st birthday to your baby boy!

Tina said...

Happy Birthday Colin!! It goes by way too fast.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh...so sweet. I just love the pictures. Don't they change a ton in that first year? Oh...where does the time go???

Happy Birthday little boy - you are getting so big - I wanna come meet you!!!! (can you ask mommy for a pool for your birthday?)

Kerrie said...

You looked great!

Did he look bigger? =)

Kerrie said...

OH - and Happy Birthday Colin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... said...

thanks for reposting the pictures. all of them are great. you looked very happy.

and colin - he's so precious. check out those dimples :]

Kari said...

Happy Birthday Colin! A year goes so fast! And then it's two, and three... I just can't believe it!

Lori said...

Very precious. I loved seeing all of those pictures.
Happy Birthday Colin.

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

oooooo oooooo I can see the pictures now!!!

P*R*E*C*I*O*U*S!

Jill said...

Leigh Ann - I'm a little behind on my blog reading, so I'm a few days late wishing Colin a happy birthday. How very sweet! And, our two special birthdays are coming up Sunday. Time does fly, huh?

sahmqueen said...

I feel your pain. It goes way too quickly. My newborn is now 17 mo. old. It is also bittersweet as he grows because he is our last kiddo. Just smell the top of his head and take it all in.

Glory