December 27, 2007

No Room

“No room for Him," the keeper said
That night so long ago,
"My inn is crowded, don't you see,
The rooms now overflow."

"It's just a Child," he must have thought,
"A family, poor and plain;
My inn is filled with paying guests,
How could I dare explain?"

And thus, he turned aside from One
Who chose a humble birth
To enter into human form
And save all men on earth.

But lo, the shepherds in the hills
Were called, the Babe to greet;
They followed then the brilliant star,
And worshiped at His feet!

"No room for Him," cry men today,
As through the world they plod;
"My life is crowded, don't you see?
I have no room for God.

How could I dare explain to all
My friends who question me,
That Jesus came to save my soul,
From sin, to set me free?"

0 God, forbid that we become
As keeper of the inn,
And have our lives so crowded
That we have no room for Him.

But now, may we, Thy children dear,
Unworthy though we are,
Become as shepherds long ago,
And follow now His star!



by Kathryn Slasor


I hope that each of you had a merry Christmas with loved ones and could feel God and His blessings. We had a wonderful, wonderful Christmas; full of love and laughter!
My prayer for the remainder of this year as well as the upcoming year is that I don't lose focus of Christ and push Him out. I pray there will always be room for Him in my life, my husband's and my children's. May God bless you in 2008 and may we seek to follow His star!!!

post signature

6 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

our christmas was delightful, and our christmas season continues to be...now ask me this again at the end of the week, when the kids are tired of their new toys and school's out for another 6 days....we'll see:0)

kdwhorses said...

We had a great christmas as well! I am so enjoying my time with the kids! Thanks for the prayer and that would be mine as well. To continue to focus on Him all the time!

Ruth said...

I love this poem, and I agree. If I get nothing else right this year, my relationship with Jesus must be right!!

... said...

great poem. we had a very nice Christmas and am glad you did, too.

Kelli said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas, Leigh Ann!
Hugs,
Kelli

Tracy said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS LEIGH ANN! Well, I realize that Christmas is long over but I just wanted to wish you a HAPPY HOLIDAYS! I am just getting back to reading blogs and I don't want to miss anything!!!