Its 3:20, the kids are tucked into bed. I know the younger two are sleeping, the oldest is at least in his room. I'm guessing he's not sleeping, but reliving the happy moments from earlier in the day.
I'll back up a little about our co-op. I was planning to wait until Colin and Elle were a little older before joining. I don't know about the rest of you, but it is tough for me to get little ones ready and out the door by 9!
I decided to join after my neighbor (who is in her first year of homeschool) asked me to join. She has 2 girls, 7 and 5, and a boy, 3. Our kids play together a lot and I'm excited about her homeschooling this year. When she first asked I said no. But then I talked it over with T and decided to put in our application. The director got back to me and said she wasn't sure if there was room for us - the prek/k class was already pretty full. We waited about a week and were told they'd make the room for us to join - this particular co-op has over 40 families in it!
First this morning, I took Elle to her class and my neighbor offered to take Quintin with her and her girls to Chapel - I was serving in Colin's nursery for the first session. After Chapel, Quintin went to Art where they will be making a salt dough nativity! They were allowed to paint this morning if they had their paint shirts along. BUT, I forgot to put his shirt in his backpack and it was with me in the nursery! I felt awful. He told me it was alright and just said, "silly mommy."
He moved into Music class for the next session. This is where he had Show & Tell with our family picture. He wouldn't tell me what songs he sang, but he's been humming the tune to "Farmer in the Dell" since we got home. He also was able to share what his favorite colors are. They are orange and blue - I had no idea! But, we need to change them to blue and white! (hee hee, just kidding - Go Penn State)
I had 'free time' for the second session. I spent some time just familiarizing myself with the church and where the classrooms were as well as meeting some of the other moms.
Elle had show and tell in her class, but I didn't get the email about it. I felt bad about that, but I really don't think she understood. I'll have to try to get a picture of them in their backpacks next week before we leave!
For the third and final session I was helping to teach PE for Quintin's age. (I forgot to add that each co-op mom must be involved in 2 of the 3 sessions). There were two other teachers - I let them take the lead as they have been involved previously. We did the bear walk and the crab walk. We listened to a cute cd that had a story to act out about a donkey - Quintin has been humming that tune too!
I really enjoyed the ride home with them as they told me about their adventures. I was excited to share with them what I did too - as they enjoy hearing what toys Colin plays with.
I know this time on Wed mornings - for the next 9 weeks - will be such a blessing to our homeschool journey. It will be a pleasant break in our week - one that I know each of us will look forward to.
I'm thankful for the laid back approach of this co-op - I think it is a perfect fit for our family! And, thank you to those of you who prayed while we waited to learn if we'd be able to join.

17 comments:
That sounds wonderful! I had no doubts that your kids would enjoy it. Alex has been really enjoying going to his Monday/Wednesday small group "preschool." Thank goodness I don't have to teach that. ;-D
It is nice to find a fit for your family. When we first started homeschooling, 10 years ago, we were part of a 60 family co-op. It was structured, which fit my thinking of the time.
We could be in a co-op with my two youngest, but at this time in life, our busyness revolves around our two remaining teens in the home (one graduated 2 years ago and married this past June). I have no calling to be part of a larger group at this time. I am enjoying our very relaxed approach to educating the girls. Who knows what the future will bring, God will show us then, what He wants us to do.
Enjoy your journey!!!
Sounds like the perfect fit and such a wonderful blessing for all of you.
Susan
It sounds really wonderful, Leigh Ann. It's nice that you get to be involved, too!
Leigh Ann---what can I say except "You made my day". Sorry I had to do it!!!
Been feeling terrible with a sinus infection and finally went to the Dr. today and was very down. God used you and Jen to life me up. He is such a good God and knows just what we need.
You were, and are, one of my first blog friends!!
((hugs))
Susan
So glad you had such a great time!! Sounds like a really neat program!
I think that it all sounds like it was a great time. I know that you will be be blessed by this group!
Hooray! It sounds like everyone had a terrific day! I'm an so glad. My kids just hated group things when they were little like Elle. I'm so glad she did well, too. We couldn't do nursery or anything. God was faithful and you were so blessed!
Sounds like a wonderful experience to be a part of!
What a great day!! I loved reading every word! It really does sound like a perfect fit for your family, and I'm sure all of the other moms were so glad to have you helping/teaching! :)
Sounds like wonderful fun for all of you. What a blessing.
Susan
It sounds like a wonderful day. What a great idea to have a co-op like this. I imagine there will be PLENTY of stories from these sessions!!
I'm so happy things went well!
BTW, in the picture below, you all look GREAT!!! I LOVE IT!!!
God Bless,
Amber
It sounds like you had a great day! I'm happy that everything is working out for you and you are all enjoying it so much!
Great news!! I think it is great to add a little spice to the school week.
Blessings.
Sounds like a wonderful day! It is nice that you have found a group where all of you can benefit and be with other families similiar to yours!
Your children are precious! Every time I come to your place I feel happy just looking at their beautiful smiles.
Oh you seem so content with your choice. That's great!
I love the family photo in your last post too. What a cute story behind it.
Post a Comment