September 6, 2007

Super Pumped

Myrna @ Cherish the Word...is leading a Beth Moore Bible Study - A Woman's Heart - this Fall and I am really excited about it, and here's why:

1) I've never done a bible study with Beth (or Myrna, lol) before
2) I won one of the books in Myrna's giveaway!! WooHoo
3) I don't have to pack up 3 children or find a sitter to participate!
4) I know I'm gonna grow, GRow, GROW!

Here's a little from Myrna's description:
"This study is about the tabernacle and the importance of it as God's Dwelling
place. BUT--It is a whole lot more than that. If you have studied with Beth
before, you know that she will lead you on a treasure hunt of the scriptures.
She will show us, through the study of the tabernacle, how God wants to live
with us and talk with us. In addition, she will show us through scripture how
His plan for dwelling with us has been, and will continue to be, in place for
eternity. Friends, this is POWERFUL!"

Ladies, if you are interested in getting in on this study, head over to Myrna's!

post signature

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused. I thought I had to join a group in my area and then go to Myrna's blog and join the discussion there? I was all set to take part with her and let down to see that I had to find a group in my area to begin. Did I mess the directions up? I was going to go get a different Beth study to do on my own this fall. Let me know if I can do this study on my own and join in Myrna's discussion.

By the way, Quinton made my day :) (that's a HUGE smile face) Everytime I see his face on your blog I think, "That little boy is so stinkin' cute!"

Susan said...

I think this is WONDERFUL!! Congratulations on being the book winner.
Susan

Teresa said...

Very cool!
BTW I have received 2 issues of Southern Living and I LOVE it! Thanks again for the wonderful prize!
I can't wait to see pics of little Anna!
Have a great day. :)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

now that's using blogging for a GOOD purpose!

weavermom said...

You're going to LOVE it! That was the first one I did and I did it on my own and still got so much out of it! So much richness - and so good for Vol 2, Chp 10! he he

MorningSong said...

#5 Reason - It is an AWESOME study! I did that about 1.5 years ago. It is SOOO deep and I know God really opened my eyes to knew things during that study! You will love it!! It is so awesome to make sense of the old with the new!

Enjoy! ENjoy and see that the Lord is good! I am THRILLED for you! I am doing a Beth Moore study too, but not via the web. I am so ready for a BM study. She just makes the Bible come alive like no other I've seen! I can't wait for you to start your study and tell us what you think!

Blessings!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Hope you have a great time with your Bible Study!

Lori said...

I've done many Beth Moore bible studies and have enjoyed everyone of them.
Congrats on winning the book.

... said...

i've actually thought about doing this. there's a few blogs out there where you can join in as a bible study.

i'm unsure because i don't know how it would work out doing it on a blog. i guess i should just try and see how it goes.

i really want to do a bible study somehow. i've been asking a few women in my church but haven't got any answer yet. i'll go check out myrna's site again.

Anonymous said...

I did this one years ago. I loved it so much....in fact, it may have been my first Beth Moore study. As a relatively new Christian, the book really challenged me (I wanted to chunk it in the garbage the first few weeks!) and I can remember learning the books of the Bible by all the flipping I had to do all over the book looking up the various scriptures! I can also remember feeling so attached to Moses that when I read the part about his death that I cried! I mean, obviously, I already knew he was dead, LOL, but Beth just has a way of really making the scriptures come alive and be real. She was so instrumental in my walk with the Lord!
Enjoy your study of the Old Testament tabernacle and may God open your eyes and fill your heart!

Heather K said...

Hi Leigh Ann... I've heard that Beth Moore is really good..I'm sure you will enjoy it! I'm just going to see if I can find a good study to do this fall.
Everytime i see your pictures at the top it makes me smile....your kids are such cuties!

MorningSong said...

By the way, I followed your link to Myrna's. You will not enjoy the study as much WITHOUT watching the video!! That is where you get the good stuff. But especially this study. She really gives you a lot of meat in the video portion. Just FYI!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! You are going to love this study and GROW indeed. I haven't done it but a girlfriend (Patti) has and told me all about it. Awesome stuff!

Myrna said...

Thanks for the link. I've been following the tracking on the books. I think one winner received hers today!Hope you get yours soon. If I read correctly yours is in your state now.

I know people have questions about how this is going to work. I do too! I still think it is possible, but it may take just doing it one or two weeks to really see it happen! I have done almost the whole first week of homework and I am loving it!

This weekend there is a Deeper Still event in Nashville with Beth, Kay Arthur and Priscilla Shirer speaking. I am going to it Friday night with my dil and a friend. I am so looking forward to hearing all three of those ladies. WOW, what a group!

Jane said...

God has used Beth to rock the lives of many over the years. I have loved the ones I have participate in! She is the one who helped me to realize that there is NOTHING new happening today that did not go on in the old testament. Yes, different tools that satan uses, but nothing new! People are still doing the same thing today as they did then!

Keep us posted on the study!