Its time for Show & Tell this week! To see what others are Showing & Telling, head over to Kelli's! Thanks for hosting this again Kelli!
When we built our house, we decided to make what the architect designated as a dining room, into a playroom. A wonderful choice, I believe.
On either side of the window we have small bookcases and next to the table there is a small shelf that holds the toy bins.I keep most of our school books in our den, but the ones I'm using daily sit on top of the bookcase. I just recently got a set of drawers to hold paper, crayons, and odds 'n' ends craft items. We had those things stashed all throughout the house, so now having them all together saves time.
The children's artwork is displayed like clothing on a washline with little plastic clothes pins!!
I have some more things planned for the room, but this is how we are using it now!
Thanks for visiting my show & tell.
45 comments:
I love it! And someday it will be a beautiful dining room with those big windows!
That is one awesome school room! WOW! And, I just love that picture of Colin underneath the table! SOOO cute!
Love the room, and LOVE our local freecycle! Maybe we'll be able to pass things along to each other.
i like the room
How great to have this room just special for Home School and Play.
Susan
The room is wonderful and so organized for school and play! I'm a part of freecycle and love it!
Wish I could come over and play at your house. This is a wonderful idea.
Take care,
Connie
That is so cool! I bet it's easier for your children to get into the school mindset with it set up like a real classroom.
What a pretty, light room! A lovely enviroment for kids to learn in.
Linda
What a blessing to have such a bright room for your schooling!
That does make a great classroom. The freebies you got are great, too. Blessings on the learning that goes on...
What a great room!
I to love Freecycle. It is great-I have posted several things on there and got our fish tank from there. It is a blessing.
Wow- great table and neat room! Thanks for sharing.
Great room. Colin is so cute under the table.
Love that room!!! Love the big windows and how the light comes in. I want to add onto our house to have just a huge room for daycare. Right now...we're all over the place. At least what we do have is open and spacious for the kids.
It is so cute, love it!
what a wonderful room for the kiddies!! It must be a thrill for them to have so much space!!
What a great room!
Love the little one under the table!
LOVE IT! Can we come over and play "school"?
What an awesome set up! I am ready for school...what time?
I LOVE freecycle!
What a great room. I too like the windows and all the great light. Fun.
What a great room to eat cheesecake in? Did I just say that?
hey Leigh Ann I love your school room...it's very pretty!
I have decided to homeschool Janelle~~finally...
I went into the school today and told them that she wouldn't be coming back. What a relief that was! Nothing against the school but it just wasn't working out for her. I came home and enrolled her online, right away. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do with her!
A much better use than a dining room at this time of life.
Have a great day!
I love your room. What a wonderful view and beautiful sunshine that comes in through the widow. Your children must love the space!
Thanks for sharing
Jane
What a neat usage for the room! You have it arranged so nicely. I love the artwork on a line with little clothespins!
Our playroom is supposed to be our dining room too! Yours is beautiful - all that natural light, and not all cluttered with toys like mine! :)
Thanks for showing us!
what a great looking room. looks like it gives you a lot of room for schooling. i'm assuming you have another place to eat your meals. and i love seeing colin crawling around under the table. i don't know why - it's just cute.
I dream of having a school room one day! Yours is beautiful. Love that big window and I love the picture of Colin under the table. So cute.
Great room for learning! I see Colin can't wait to get in on the action!
Your schoolroom is wonderful! I especially love all of the big windows! Our diningroom is a schoolroom too. :0)
Kelli
Thanks for sharing your school room with us.
I am very much interested in home schooling as it is totally unknown here in Germany. I learnt about it at Kelli's for the first time last year.
Best wishes, Anita
Great idea to use the dining room for a school/play room! I use our living room for my "office" I have my computer armoire in here and utilize the otherwise seldom used room. I love it!
I also looked at your S&T last week - love the beautiful ring! Neat idea to combine the engagement ring with your grandma's ring!
Katherine
What a great spot to teach your children! I love it.
Thanks for sharing your room with us.
~Amy
Super cute school room. I remember when I had an extra room. I turned it into a school room and it was so fun! I kinda sorta miss it, LOL!
what a great room! i love it.
What a great classroom...you indeed are blessed to have that much room
Deby
Loved seeing your school room.
Looks great. Thanks for sharing.
I love your schoolroom/playroom! I miss ours. When DH designed our cabin we designated the basement to be our schoolroom/playroom...I can't wait! Unfortunately it's not gonna be finished right away, but I'm excited about it anyway.
0:) Amber
I love this room!!! Gorgeous windows - perfect use of space!!
Nice big room! Looks great!
I loooooove the big kid table for them to work at!
Thanks to author.
YrHeIL Please write anything else!
Hello all!
Post a Comment