September 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!

It was my mom's 64th Birthday on Saturday. We enjoy having our parents to our home for a meal in their honor. We were able to have my parents on mom's birthday this weekend!


Having family for meals provides me with a great opportunity to try out some new recipes - this weekend was no exception.

We enjoyed Cheesy Sausage and Tomato Manicotti with a salad, Cheddar Bay Biscuits (just like R*d L*bster) and a slice of heaven - Double Chocolate Cheesecake! YUM. You can click here, to see all the recipes!



It was this good!
It is getting cooler here, Fall is on its way. Colin has been fighting a cold on and off for the past week. He also has some teeth coming through on top, so it could be that too. But he still smiles!


Fall has come to my blog too! I was enjoying all the other Autumn changes I was seeing, so I made some changes today! I want to say thanks to Annie for changing my siggy to match the new look! She's such a sweetie!

post signature

32 comments:

Heather K said...

Hi Leigh Ann... I like the new look..it's pretty. I love the colours of fall but it's bittersweet for me...I hate to see summer end! Thanks for dropping by... Yes the kids are in school again. Our Christian school has had a loooong journey and many growing pains over the last 15 or so years....We moved into our brand new building this fall and it's just wonderful! We all love it! But even with the new building and the new teacher Janelle is still having a really difficult time. We're in the midst of setting things up for her to have some educational testing done. I have never really liked the idea of this kind of testing but am now in the position where I have to analyze the pros and cons. I don't think she has any problem in doing the work....hmmm how do I put this...she's able...but can't seem to concentrate for more than a minute or two and then is distracted by any noise that she hears....so then gets nothing done...so...anyway..we'll see this week about the testing and hopefully will be able to come up with some strategies to enable her to get her work done!
How is school going for you? I like the sound of the co-op! I would have LOVED something like that when my kids were little like yours and I was homeschooling them..we did one day craft fairs, etc but never anything longer than one day. We really enjoyed them too. I had to do a craft for the kids too...if I remember right we made lavender bath bombs one time..mmm they smelled so nice and were really simple and fun to make...whew..veered off on a tangent there...anyway..I hope things are going well for you...it's such a fun time when the kids are small. I loved it..Well take care! Heather

... said...

there's so much i want to say...
happy birthday to your mom.
yum! yum! yum!
your kids are just so darn cute.
hope colin feels better.
the new look looks great!
and thanks for the email with the link. i'm pretty sure i'll be using that site =] how about you?

Kerrie said...

Happy birthday to your mom. That manicotti looks awesome!

Pen of Jen said...

Happy Birthday to the woman who raised such an incredible daughter!!!

Chilly there makes for cute kids!!!

Great new look...you are as usual amazing~
Jen

Mrs. Breum said...

Cure fall look, Yogi!

Susan said...

Your meal looks devine!! You girl of so MANY talents. I know you are a wonderful daughter.
Susan

Short Stop said...

LOOOVE the new fall look! It's colder here, too! I pulled out my favorite flannel p.j.'s the other night...can't say their J's favorite! LOL!!!!

Of course, your meal looks amazing...I love those biscuits from RL. I'll be making those! Oh, and that cheesecake!! YUM! I'm heading over to your recipe blog now! :)

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!

Anonymous said...

Love the new look! :) Fall is absolutely my favorite season, so I was thrilled to see your fall theme in the heading of your blog.

The food looks wonderful and I'm sure was tasty!!! I'll have to try the recipes.

Tracy said...

What a lovely celebration for you sweet mom! I'm sure that she had a great time. Who wouldn't?

Your new fall look is great, too!

weavermom said...

YUM! Happy Birthday Mom!!

kdwhorses said...

Love the new look as well. That is so great you all can get together as a family and celebrate together! Loved the recipes, checked them out on your food blog! Happy Birthday Mom!

Just Mom said...

Happy Birthday Mom! I hope it was fantastic.

Amber said...

Once again...Dang girl! Can I come to your house for supper?
Seriously, LeAnn, you rocks!

~ Amy ~ said...

YUM!!! It looks so good. My birthday is in November if you'd like to make the same meal for me. Please!!

Anonymous said...

Leigh Ann
All your recipes look so tastey! And the dishes are all so pretty too, love them. Thanks for posting your recipes. Your family is lucky to have such a great chef :).

Monica

Lori said...

Love your new fall blog header. It looks great. (Come check out my site...a dear friend helped me with a new design).

Happy Birthday to your mom.
Looks like you had a fun time.
Love the picture of Elle with cake all over.

That meal looks delicous. I will be checking out your cooking blog for the recipes. MMMNN!

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!! I love the new fall colors and I definately need to try these recipes, especially the biscuits. They are my favorite when I go to R*d Lobster! I could just eat those and the clam chowder all the time!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! You two look very much alike!

I love your new fall look! Fall is definitely in the air here in Mississippi! It's gotten too cool to swim (comfortably). I just love this time of year! The air smells so crisp and I'm in the mood to try new recipes.....especially soups and such!

Your cheesecake looks delicious!!!

Tracy said...

happy birthday grandma roar!! you have an amazing daughter! LA~can we talk about all this ambition to cook all the time? you are making me look bad! l*o*l

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Loving the new look! You go! Fall is my favorite time of year. I can't wait for the leaves to change.

Happy birthday to your mom.

The meal looks yummy...come cook for my bday :)

Jill said...

I do love your new blog design. Thinking about changing mine, too. What a sweet little baby. Hope he feels better soon.

MorningSong said...

Love the look and that is JUST CRUEL for you to put those pics of your meal for us to drool over. My computer is likely to get a short now! :) haha

Blessings!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!!! What a delicious meal you made, I'm drooling over that cheesecake..YUM!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

How do you do it? Simply amazing...and able to chat at the same time...silly woman!

Happy bday to your wonderful mom. How do I know she is wonderful? She gave you to the world, didn't she? Blessings to your mom each and everyday! I hope she knows how much we love you!

Amber said...

Happy Birthday to MommaRoar I

Love the new look! Hope everyone doesn't get sick.

0:) Amber

Annie said...

Oh my goodness Leigh Ann, that chocolate cheesecake looks so good! I considered licking the laptop screen but quickly came to my senses!
Happy birthday to your mom!

Ruth said...

OOOOO! That looks really yummy!! What an excellent meal. Looks like a gormet meal to me! Happy birthday to your mom!!

I have a question. Why do people put stars in the name of a brand - like R*d L*obster. I noticed a bunch of people do this, but I don't understand why.

Anonymous said...

Love the new look. How do you get new background looks???

I love Spring and Fall. Looking for the place that has one month of winter and one of summer with the rest being fall. I'd be a very happy camper.

We have a gorgeous breeze coming through the window as we speak! Love it!!!

Julieann said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! Your meal looks so yummy:)...and I just love your new header--so *Fall* :o)

Julieann

Trella said...

I love the look of your blog. Have birthday to your mom. It looks like it was a wonderful time.

Anna said...

That meal looks amazing! Wow!

Scrappy Moments said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom, My Mother In law turns 64 in October and then my mom in June, so pretty close in aga :) The food looks divine. I really enjoyed visiting your blog again, I haven't for awhile, looks like you are staying busy :)

God Bless,
Angie