September 10, 2007

Go*oey gunk...Glasses...Really?

~Go*oey Gunk~

On Friday, the kids and I made some more gooey gunk (what I had made with my nephew last week.) It is some rather weird stuff - but the kids are enjoying it!

Solution A:
mix the following in a bowl:
1 c water
1 c white glue
7-10 drops food coloring

Solution B:
in a second bowl, mix the following until completely dissolved:
1 1/3 c warm water
4 tsp borax laundry booster






Slowly pour solution A into solution B.

DO NOT MIX!!!!



Roll solution A around in solution B 4-5 times.
My photographer capturing our assistant at her best!!!
Lift solution A out of solution B.
Knead for 2-3 minutes.

Store gunk in an airtight container or plastic zip lock bag.
It goes from this shape....
...to this!
It really has a different feel to it. Let us know if you make some!











~Glasses~
I felt it was time to update my glasses. So, last week at my eye dr appt, I chose a new pair of frames. What do you think?

The old pair



The new pair















~Really?~



Ginger had a post about people looking like their pets. Here's Riley, our bichon frise. Do we look alike? Maybe back in HS with my 90s perms!!




















post signature

25 comments:

... said...

i like the glasses. you look hip - you look cool =]

and riley... i actually do see a resemblance! am i crazy?

Anonymous said...

Love the new glasses! I've been thinking of getting a similar frame.

Riley is sooo cute!

Susan said...

Love the new square shaped glasses.

Riley looks spunky and lively and that's you!!!
Susan

Pen of Jen said...

Fun goop! I like the steps involved!!


LOVE THE NEW GLASSES!!!

So fresh!:)

Short Stop said...

Three things:

1. LOVE the gooey gunk...with two boys in the house, I will definitely be making this!!

2. LOVE the new glasses. They're rockin'!

3. I think bichon fries are the cutest dogs! :)

Jen said...

Love the new glasses. I need to get some new ones but I wear my contacts all the time so I can't justify spending the money on glasses.

Myrna said...

I love the new glasses! A rockin' mom!

I love that gunk. We used to make it in my third grade class--or science samp in the summer--when we studied matter. Too cool!

~ Amy ~ said...

I love the new frames - great style for you. I need new ones too but I hate paying the spendy price.

Tracy said...

I love the gooey gunk...slime!

And your new glasses are nerdy chic. I mean that in a good way. Mac, Autumn, and Abigail all have very similar frames. They are very "hip".

Also, Riley? Nope, he doesn't look like you, but he's just as adorable as you are...well, almost!

weavermom said...

Eww! Gooey! Looks like fun.

Love the new look, and the dog is cute too! :)

Lori said...

I'm sure the kids had a fun time learning and playing wit the gooey gunk.
You look darn good in your new glasses.

You got a cute dog there.

Just Mom said...

Mmmm. Yummy. Is that tonight's supper? ;-)

Just kidding. I'll have to give that a try this week.

BTW ... "You rook MAAAAAAH-velous" :-D

Kimmy said...

cool goope - never heard of such a thing... learning from you...

a new pair of glasses can make you feel like a new woman... that's my motto anyway! Looks great...

AND thank you for your kind comment re: our anniversary! I appreciate that! ~ Kim

Annie said...

Love the new glasses, very cool!

Anna said...

The glasses are adorable, but...at some angles they make you look like a cute little white puppy!

Anonymous said...

Of course the glasses are great, Gucci..right?! You are so stylin' that I would have thought I helped you pick them out myself!

As for the cute doggie...he is adorable, but you forgot to put the glasses him so I could really compare. Pretty sure you win in the best looking catagory :)

Now do I have to post a pic of my new gl's for you?

Anonymous said...

Love the new glasses on you! Very becoming!!! :o) I'm due for new ones.

No way! You don't look a thing like your dog!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Love your new glasses...you look STYLISH!

We used to make goo when we were kids too!

Kelli said...

I love your new glasses, Leigh Ann!
That gunk looks scary to me but I know my kids would love it! LOL
Kelli

Ruth said...

Beautiful new glasses! And NO, you do NOT look like your dog. =o)

Anonymous said...

Cute glasses!

I love "goo"!! I made it several years ago but seeing your beautiful green glob, makes me want to make it now!! I'll have to go to the store first! My kids will love it! Thanks for sharing!

I think people often look like their pets! Cooper with his black beard reminds me of Britt! LOL

Heather K said...

Hey Leigh Ann I like the new glasses! Riley's pretty cute...I like little dogs...don't know how I convinced myself on a golden retriever!?!
I'm really going to have to try out your goopy gunk!! it looks like it'd be alot of fun!

Tracy said...

I am getting new glasses on Saturday. Fun, Fun! I thought it was time for a change. Usually people don't even notice (sigh).

The goop...might have to give it a try although after cleaning up those wonderful cupcakes I gave the daycare kids yesterday for snack...the goop might have to wait! :)

Nancy B said...

Oh, my goodness- that dog picture cracked me up!

Dawnelle

Kerrie said...

You can bet money that I'll make goo at some point. That's for sure.

LOVE the new specks. Nice upgrade!