March 15, 2010

Squeamish - don't worry, no pictures! ;)

This weekend I roasted a turkey. 

I am very squeamish when it comes to pulling those giblet bags out.  Well, OK, the bag isn't so bad, it is the long, raw turkey neck that gets me in the stomach.

Unfortunately for me, my husband was not home Saturday morning as I prepped the bird for my oven.

I also get squeamish when thinking about putting a worm on a fishing hook.  I have told my husband I plan to conquer that fear this summer.  However, I still do not think I'm ready to remove the fish from the hook.  Baby steps.

It has been raining all weekend and there are worms are all over our driveway.  My youngest likes to walk around, pick up the "snakes" and cuddle them in his hands.

I'll spare you the rest of the squeamish things in my life.  Worms and turkey necks were at the top of the list for my weekend. 

How was your weekend?
post signature

9 comments:

Tara O said...

We had a great weekend! Now what did we do? LOL. Not a whole lot of anything. We had lunch out with our church family (it was accidental...about half the church showed up at the food court on base afterwards-LOL). That was nice. We had a great family movie night on Friday. Just the usual normal stuff.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

you just inspired me to make a turkey this week. :0) long neck and all!

Tracy said...

We went to Kansas!

Autumn used to love picking up worms too. She even kissed them!

Jesslyn said...

Hey, I'm right there with you on that worm issue. Haven't ever liked them, especially as a kid when my sister chased me around the yard and stuck one one the back of my shirt. My kids love to cuddle worms too. Makes me shiver every time I see them....they and Jeff just laugh! :) I can laugh at myself too.... :)

Brandi said...

lol I had to bait the hooks for my older brother when I was a kid. I also had to gut the fish (he wouldn't). I now keep a vermicompost bin. Some, but not all of my kids play with the worms.

Ginger said...

Hate worms, hate 'em!!!

No issues with the turkey innered at all.

Not so sure I want to bait a fish hook or touch the fish...OR eat it!

michelle said...

Ewwwwwwwwww!

Brenda said...

I agree about the turkey neck.
I don't have much trouble putting a worm on the hook (although I'm apologizing to the worm the whole time!) I do have a problem touching a live fish on the hook with bare hands. I've found that I can do it with a glove on. It doesn't bother me to hold a dead fish, I can even gut it bare handed. Crazy I know.

krista said...

Hee hee.

I don't necessarily mind touching worms and poultry innards...it's the smell of worms after a rainstorm that makes me go BLECK.

I've been buying my poultry fresh for a few years now and cutting it up for the freezer in large quantities, so handling those bags of goodies has gotten easier. I still don't like it, but I'm too cheap to buy the organic stuff already cut up when I can do it myself for $2/lb.

I can't imagine cuddling up to anything slimy, stinky, and wet. :-)