September 11, 2008

Sewing Projects #1 & 2

Quintin has been asking for a cape for YEARS.  Seriously - years!

I bought purple fabric 2 or 3 years ago to use as a prop when I helped with motions in our church's Children's Musical.  I purposely bought purple so we could use it to make a LarryBoy cape.
I (hanging head in embarrassment) have finally made his cape this week.  I'm surprised he was so patient with me! ;-)
After finishing it, Elle asked right away what I was making for her.  Last month, I found these cute "Millie Monkey" patterns by Bit of Whimsy Dolls on the You Can Make This website.



There are 2 blue ones waiting in the wings.  :-)

post signature

11 comments:

Tropical Mexican said...

very cute.

Sophie has been wanting a cape too for the last year.

The monkey is adorable.

Tracy said...

Love the little sideways jump that Quintin is doing! And Elle's monkey is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Those capes are great! I don't know why a cape can be so inspiring for our little guys. (and/or girls)... Adorable monkey!

weavermom said...

What great ideas - I love Q's cape!! And the monkey is adorable. :)

Just Mom said...

What are you making for Colin. More importantly, what are you making for me? ;-D

You've got talent, Leigh Ann. That's for sure.

Heather K said...

aww very cute Leigh Ann!

Short Stop said...

Oh for the love of...

Is there anything you can't do???

Adorable. Precious.

And, I love your house.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

So stinkin precious! Go you!

Andrea said...

I would SERIOUSLY buy one of those dolls from you! They are FABULOUS!! I would even buy 5 of them and give them to my nieces!
I am so glad that you have/take the time to sew. I know how much fun it is (although I am not this good - table runners are my forte).
Every kid needs a cape! Why is something so simple so much fun?
See you soon!
Andrea

Susan said...

Every superman needs a cape!! The stuffed toy is precious, as is the girl holding it :o)
Susan

michelle said...

You are so creative....can you send some this way?