I didn't get everything on my to-do list finished (like I really thought I would!) but I did do some sewing - I made sure that got done. Who cares if my windows are crusted in filth? I have a nice tote bag now so the windows don't bother me a bit! ;-)
This fun little tote bag has four pockets on the outside (the polka dot fabric) and pockets inside. I never tried a lined tote bag before. I love it! I've been using it every chance I get! It has a magnetic snap closure, which was a first for me and it, seriously, was a snap! (You saw it coming, didn't you?) I just love the fabrics and the size of it. The pattern has 4 sizes (s, m, l, xl) and this is the large. I see many more of these in my future!
I received the next pattern as I was asked to test it. When I purchased the fabrics, I wanted to do the reverse placement of what I ended up doing, but I think it still turned out cute. I'm not sure why I changed my mind from my original thought - oh that's right - the clerk ringing up my order suggested the reverse and I listened...LOL! The pattern does not come with pockets, but I made 2 bags at the same time, and decided to add interior pockets to the second bag. Since I have 2, I think these bags scream "BLOG GIVEAWAY" but not today - so, stay tuned! :)
And lastly, I was asked to test this second pattern this week too. This is so cute! I made one and my children are fighting over it. They come in two sizes (as well as boy/girl) and I made the smaller of the two. They are a perfect size to take along on road trips. I see more of these little ones in my future too.
It was a great week - being able to do some fun sewing projects, getting back into our schedule with school and spending family time inside as the cool fall winds (and today rain) blow outside.
So, there is the Fill on Friday!
Have a wonderful weekend!!
16 comments:
both bags are darling. you did a good job. and the pillow doll is cute, too. is elle playing with it?
hope you have a great weekend.
LOVE . . LOVE ..LOVE the tote bags!!! And the pillow person is way too adorable. I could use one of those when hubby's out of town - soft chest to lay my head, comfortable but floppy arm to drape over me, and the hair is just about right - nothing! LOL but I do love him so!!
Do you offer sewing lessons????
Yep, Elle plays with it, I don't think she realized it was a boy! LOL!!
And Renee - um, no! LOL!
Yeah...Um...I will take the first bag please??
wow, now that's some talent. anyone who can make a bag...that's a skill i'd love.
they are adorable.
What is that little guy? Is it a pillow?
Leigh Ann- I LOVE the tote bag!! I'm such a "bag" lady - I love bags! The fabrics you used for the first tote are amesome, and I love lots of pockets - it's adorable! That one could get stolen out from under your pew at church if you don't watch out!:) Anyway thought I'd let you know I'm impressed! Where did you find that pattern? OK enough already. Have a great weekend! Michelle Diffenbach
You are so clever and I think you got a LOT done getting all that sewing done. Such cute items the tote and the pillow people. I'll bet the kids love it.
Susan
Wow! Great job! You are so talented. I love that purse....both purses actually.
The pillow doll is really neat idea too!
great job Martha, I mean Leigh Ann! The purses are too cute, love the colors in teh 1st one.
See what happens when I read your post on FB, I miss the video!!!!
Love the bags. A lady came into the office with one like your bigger bag. She was so proud of her pockets. Just so cute :)
Hope the head has stopped hurting.
Ginger
[!]
;-D
The pink tote bag is beautiful!!! As are the other things, but I especially love the tote. Totally worth crusty windows. :)
The bags are adorable. (PS - I just posted my lists from the 6 things meme).
I LOVE the bags~ especially the tote. Great color choices!
I agree...awesome fabrics for your bag. You are so ubber-creative.
Post a Comment