February 26, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday

~~~~On the way home from church this past Sunday, Elle informed us her finger was red. We didn't think much of it until Quintin yelled, "MOM! Elle's bleeding!" I look back to see one side of her face covered in blood - why? She was picking her nose - eeww!! Anyway, we tried not to make a big deal of it and got Quintin calmed down by having him grab a tissue for her. I knew she'd be okay when I heard her giggle and say, "My fingers look like they have pizza sauce on them!"

HA!

~~~~Quintin and I were working on his spelling and we came to the word spent. The sentence was "She spent all her money foolishly, and now she's sad." Quintin commented, "Why is she sad? Let's change the sentence. How about 'She spent one dollar on some pizza and still had some money left.' That way she isn't sad."

So sweet!


~~~~To hear what other little ones are saying, visit Mary's.


post signature

14 comments:

Short Stop said...

Ellie story: We have been there! And, yes...EW!

Quintin story: Love this little boy.

weavermom said...

Oh, that's funny! Q is so sweet, not wanting her to be sad.

E. Tyler Rowan said...

That's great material for later in life - for both of them. LOL!

Tracy said...

They are so funny! And that Quintin! He's a real sweetie!

Shirley said...

How adorable!
If y'all are in church on Sunday, H can see Q - we are heading up hopefully tomorrow (but we are watching the weather)! Just the kiddos and me this time - John doesn't have vacation time yet...
See ya soon!

God's girl said...

Too cute!
Blessings,
Angela

Anonymous said...

That Elle....acting just like her mother again! JK!

Love your kids!!!!

Vashonnte said...

I'm glad my child isnt the only one that does that in the car, it seems like once a month I have to pull over to clean up the blood, he did it last week and as I'm cleaning him up I said "honey why do you keep picking your nose? that's gross, and you get bloody" he replies "because my boogers taste yummy" he's gross! I totally forgot about this one I will go add it to mine!

Just Mom said...

LOL.

I can't wait to read about what Colin says.

Andrea said...

What great empathy he shows already! And what mom doesn't love booger stories? *snortsnort*
Andrea

... said...

what quintin said is one of the sweetest things i've heard lately. and elle... well, kids will be kids. she's cute even when picking her nose :]

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

I love it! Those are both adorable! I especially love Quintin's solution. Kids are very affective learners (and I use the word purposefully). Wouldn't it be great if the grown-up world worked that easily!

Meg said...

That is too funny! I love the fascination with Pizza in your home....mmmmm...

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Loving that little Q...what a sweet guy!

Elle gives "bloody nose" a whole new meaning :)