February 6, 2008

Name that meme

I want to thank Diana for bringing this to my attention: Blogging without obligation - you'll see the link at the top of my righthand sidebar. You can also click on the above link to read more.

I think this is such a great concept, and here is the one I identified with the most:

Because for most of us blogging is just a hobby. A way to express yourself and connect with others. You should not have to apologize for lapses in posts. Just take a step back and enjoy life, not everything you do has to be "bloggable".

Ahhh, yes, what a great idea!
*****

I'm not feeling obligated, but I did want to join in on some memes that I was tagged for. I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you decide to play along, let me know.

First, I was tagged by mom24 and I'm choosing the "6 non-important things about yourself."

1 - I am all about balance. When I'm walking, if my right arm brushes against the wall, I must have my left arm brush the wall too - quirky? You bet!
2 - When showering, I wash my hair, wash my face and then wash my body. If I go out of order, I will most definitely repeat a step without realizing it.
3 - Lately, I have really had a problem of talking without thinking first. I was talking to a friend and she asked if I was on my cell phone. I told her yes and asked, "Why, is the connection blurry?" Blurry? UGH
4 - In High School, I won the "Most Oustanding Senior" Award in the orchestra. And, I was the only senior in the HS orchestra that year.
5 - I tried teaching myself how to play guitar, but then I had children...and my sister in law wanted her guitar back. Maybe some day.
6 - My parents called me "Little Little" when I was....um, little. Every now and then, T will call me Little. I like it when he does!
*****

Second, Mary tagged me for a book meme. (click on 'book meme' for the rules).

Closest book: "Wh*at the Bible is A*ll Abo*ut" by Hen*rietta Me*ars
Page 123 is a lovely picture of a shepherd on the hills outside of Bethlehem...so I'll use pg 134.
I'm to find the 5th sentence and then list the following 3 sentences (I love this!)

Things to Do:
1. Read the Bible.
2. Delight in it.
3. Meditate upon it.

I thought that was pretty awesome advice!!
*****
Thirdly, I want to thank Mary and Diana for selecting me as a Daily Dose! And, I want to pass on the love. Since some of us run in the same circles, I want to do this one a little differently and link to some blogs I've been lurking reading for some time. I like to link to them so that maybe you'll find some joy and encouragement there too! Some I've found just by blog hopping, and some found me first. Enjoy!

1 - SouleMama - she's finishing up a 30 days in photos segment
2 - Keep Believing - Her CSI-House Edition had me cracking up - she's very creative!
3 - The Simple Wife - Be sure to click on 'The ABCs of Living Simply' on her sidebar
4 - The Heart of the Matter - A great homeschooling blog
5 - 4 Reluctant Entertainers - Sandy has a Love Connection giveaway right now, too'



post signature

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Those quirky things sound like things I would do! The ONLY HS in orchestra? HaHa! Too Much!
Blessings,
Andrea

... said...

thanks for sharing your quirkiness. i, too, have a routine in the shower and it's so routine, and i'm usually deep in thought, that sometimes i have to stop and think, "did i put on conditioner?" i'm sure i've done the conditioner step twice many, many times in my life :]

just so you know... you're one of my daily doses. have a great day.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Thanks for award, Momma Roar, Leigh Anne!

The ONLY senior in HS orchestra. LOL. Can't stop chuckling over that. I always tell my kids. You are my favorite Grant/Gavin. They love it. Maybe I will give them awards for it, too. They would eat it up. They love ribbons.
KEEP BELIEVING

Tracy said...

yep...another similarity...the whole shower thing.

I also do the deoderant/lotion/brusing teeth in an exact order.

Weird I know.

Teresa said...

From one quirky gal to another....thanks for sharing! :)

Just Mom said...

Blogging is my life.






;-D

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing with my showers...weird huh? I think we must like order in our lives.

Susan said...

I love the "blogging without obligation" post.

Your memes are very interesting as well. I love knowing I'm not the only one with those odd quirks.

Hugs,

Susan

Susan said...

I like "Little Little"!!!
Susan

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I hate to break it to you, but you are completely obligated to blog. For me!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA!

I have a total order in the shower thing! Gotta be a woman thing, huh?