There is no one on this planet I would have rather spent these last 17 years with. Almost 12 years of marriage...with its ups and downs - mostly ups!!!
I've been told I don't share a lot about him - I like being secretive, I guess, lol - so here's my attempt at filling you all in on the better half of Momma Roar. (Last year on his birthday, since I was new to blogging, I listed 33 things about myself - is that vain? ;) )

This picture was taken back in the mid-90s at a local hiking spot that we enjoyed hiking to on Sunday afternoons.
1 - We met in high school, he graduated the year before me.
2 - He played soccer and tennis.
3 - He played soccer one year in college and then switched to playing on the rec teams.
4 - He roomed with his best friend in college and they are still great friends today.
5 - This friend coaches the HS soccer team (of our alma mater) and T helped him coach for about 5 years.
6 - During that coaching time, T played on an "over-30" soccer team (however he was the only one under 30).
7 - It was in one of those games that he tore the ACL in his left knee.
8 - He coached until 2005 - when he resumed added responsibility at work.
9 - His college degree was in business administration.
10 - He came home almost every weekend to see me!
11 - 5 weeks after his college graduation, we were married.
12 - He enjoys hunting, but doesn't get to go as often as he'd like. He has just started taking up archery hunting, as well.
13 - He is involved in a community service group which he really enjoys.
14 - His favorite pastime (even more than hunting) is skiing.
15 - He was eager to teach me to ski (and was a great teacher) and looks forward to teaching all the children and skiing together.
16 - He does not like card games...or board games for that matter! But, he will suffer through (he's getting better) and play with the kids and me!
17 - He knows how to play the piano and the trombone.
18 - He still plays trombone on occasion for church. He and some others will be playing along with the choir on Easter.
19 - He enjoys helping me in the kitchen and enjoys making some of the meals on the weekends.
20 - We served on our church's kitchen committee for a few years after we were first married and that was something we both really enjoyed.
21 - While he's not a true Mr. Fixit (he'll admit that too) he enjoys trying his hand at a few small projects to learn more.
22 - He has brown eyes and dark brown hair (with some flecks of gray - which I love).
23 - I truly believe I am the reason for those gray hairs. :-)
24 - Every now and then he needs to drive a tractor trailer or a dump truck on an overnight trip and this is something that he really enjoys.
25 - He often talks about wanting to take Quintin along in a few years!
26 - He is one of the hardest workers I know. He puts his whole self into each project.
27 - He has a huge heart and will do almost anything for anyone.
28 - He is one of the most selfless people I know - often, he doesn't even have to think twice about putting his selfish desires to the side to help a friend.
29 -He loves Christ, me and our children.
30 - He looks past my faults and still loves me. He is my #1 cheerleader!
31 - If it wasn't for T, I probably would not have finished college...I had a very rough first year. It was with this same encouragement that I finished my master's the winter before Quintin was born.
32- He's 5'10" - my tall, dark and handsome!!!
33 - He enjoys playing golf, even with me!! We took a trip to Vermont one June (before children) and played golf and mountain biked down the mountain (Killington ski slope). It was fun to ski there this winter and reminisce about that trip.
34 - T is not one to make a big deal about birthdays, especially his own. He would probably be mortified that I did this!! He would also be mortified if I had the waiters/waitresses sing tonight at supper. But I learned many, many years ago not to do that. We were out to eat, I think we were just dating and I kept watching the staff. He caught on and made me stop the celebration before it could even begin. He certainly does not like being the center of attention (I guess its true that opposites attract, haha).
Happy Birthday T!!! We love you! :-)

23 comments:
I'm so happy to be the first one to comment and get to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY T. What a great post, Leigh Ann, as always. Your love for your husband and your humor are so refreshing.
Susan
He sounds like a wonderful man...and a trombone player on top of it all! I love listening to trombones.
thank you for telling us more about T. i already knew he was a great guy but this gives me a better idea of who he is.
happy birthday T
Happy Birthday T!
Sounds like a very special guy.
Happy Birthday T!!!! Sounds like a great man that you got there!!!
I know this guy is amazing! He has the most amazing family. You are so blessed to have a husband who loves the Lord, you, and the kids. I know he works very hard and that says much! Your commitment to one another is evident and priceless. Great list about a terrific guy.
Happy Birthday T! May God pour His goodness on you from the top of your head to the soles of your feet.
(Love the photo...it's great!)
Happy birthday T!!! I hope your day is special and your year ahead is wonderful.
Happy Birthday T!!
Thanks LA for telling us more about him. He seems like a wonderful, wonderful man!!!
Have a great day!!!
So ... you're saying I should probably cancel my plans to have a skywriter write a birthday greeting over your house?
Happy Birthday T!!!! (By the way - I did ask our waitor to sing for T at our lunch today!) hee hee
Steve doesn't like playing board games either. We are working on that though. We know the value of family having fun together, so he too is willing to suffer through a game every now and then!
Blessings!
Awww...Happy Birthday. I just love reading about close relationships! They are so few and far between!
Hey...I have something for you on my blog....stop on by and pick it up!
Hugs!
Happy Birthday T!
You have a wonderful guy, who has a charming sweet and joyful wife:)
I rolled at #23!
Jennifer
Sweet Post.
So how old is he? Just kidding. I think I can figure it out.
KEEP BELIEVING
Happy Birthday to your sweetheart!
What a sweet tribute! Happy Birthday to him!
(And 34...just a baby!) ;)
What a sweet post...it describes him well. Happy Birthday T! Hope it was a great day!
Happy Birthday!!! :) What a fun post. :)
You mean that you LIKE to be the center of attention? Huh? ;)
What a man ;)
My hubby is the same about b-day celebrations and bringing attention to himself....I however LOVE attention and being celebrated...hee!
He sounds wonderful as do you....really hope to meet someday. Hey, great hunting over here...40th b-day perhaps. :-)
Thinking of you and Trav and saying prayers.
Susan
Please wish T a Happy Bday for me!
He sounds just great! Thanks for sharing with us.
Happy Birthday to your husband! What a wonderful and fun tribute post!
Hugs,
Kelli
And that man...has a gem of a wife!
Post a Comment