February 8, 2008

The good, the bad & the ugly

The Good:
Only about a foot more of the rug to braid and then I will finish lacing it! I've already ripped the lacing out twice to re-lace it and am now pleased with the results. Now, if I can only remember how she showed us to finish it....hoping to post soon.

The Bad:
We had T's dr appt today. He has torn the meniscus in his left knee. He had a small tear in it back in '03 and they trimmed some of it away. Since it has torn further, he is scheduled for surgery at the beginning of March and they will either try to repair the tear or remove the meniscus. If they remove it totally, he will be back on his feet in 3 days...we are actually praying for them to be able to repair it - which requires 4 weeks to be off his leg. They will not know which they will do until they are doing the surgery.

&
The Ugly:
Colin woke up last night throwing up...slept well from just after midnight til almost 9. Slept almost 5 hours this afternoon and woke up crying. I went up to get him and then he threw up some more...leaves me wondering who will be in the next round of "uglies".....sigh

post signature

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the good is really good.

As for the bad, it's also sad :o( So sorry my friend.

The Ugly, you are so right. Poor little Colin. I'm praying that the rest of you stay healthy and have a hedge of protection placed around each one of you keeping the sickness away and no harm to come near you.

Just Mom said...

((((Sending you a big hug))))

Mary@notbefore7 said...

HOw do these two ladies beat me to it EVERY TIME????

*sigh

As for the good - can't wait to see it.

As for the bad - I am so sorry. Now, why repair rather than remove? What does the meniscus? do?

As for the ugly - oh so terribly ugly. Big hugs for you all - hope that everyone stays healthy.

... said...

the good: i'm anxious to see the finished product.

the bad: so sorry. has T been in a lot of pain? will he ski again?

the ugly: aw... poor... everyone - cuz you know more of you will get it. i hope not. you will all be in my prayers.

try to have a good weekend.

Christy. said...

Oh I am so sorry about the knee and the pukies! Sounds like our week. All three kids have pink eye, Cohen is just getting over his sickness and Avery has a 104 degree temp. Loads of fun!!
I will pray for your little guy!

Lynn said...

I think we just need to pray for wellness all around. We have been passing something around for weeks now, and yesterday (after Adeline's 103.5 fever), Patrick checked her ears, and she has a double ear infection. Here's hoping antibiotics make us ALL well.

So sorry about T's knee. Knee surgery is always painful, and he has three adorable kiddos to keep chasing around.

I will end this comment with the good, hoping you are able to continue to focus on the good today amidst all the yuck. Can't wait to see your rug!

Susan said...

Sorry for all the bad. I answered your question today!!!
Susan

Susan said...

Oh no, I hope no one else gets it. Praying for Colin. I hope you'll share a pic of your rug when you get it done.

Susan

Kelli said...

Oh my! Well, the news about your rug is exciting and I will be sure to keep T and Colin my my prayers. Poor little guy. :0(
(((hugs)) to you!
Kelli

Lori said...

No fun to have the ugly flu going on. Poor little guy.

Hope everything turns out ok for your husbnad.

Thinking of and praying for your family.

Can't wait to see your rug.

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

My DH had the meniscus thing down about 10 years ago. He did great! Back on his feet in a couple of days and has done great ever since.

Well, you already know M was throwing up on Thursday. Here's a hug for you and all your clan

{{{{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}}}}}

Diane @ A Watered Garden said...

So sorry you are all under the weather! Hope you get some relief soon!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

My hubby had a torn meniscus repaired about 5 years ago....is your hubby in alot of pain right now?