Here's the rug. Its together but not completed. Can you see the bumps in it?
You are supposed to be able to drop a braided rug and if it is made well, it will lay flat. Well....let me just say that to get this picture - I was kneeling on the rug for a few minutes and trying to flatten it out. ARGH!
I took it up to the shop owner who taught the class and she told me how to correct it - I was skipping too many stitches as I rounded the corners...so I worked to add in some stitches.
It helped on one side but not the other....now I'm stuck as I ended the braid and worked it into the rug - I am not sure I want to unlace it, although I think that may be the best decision.
Soooo, just wanted to show you all where I am with the rug. I want to start another one...but I really would like to finish this one first. Until then, it will sit on my kitchen counter...mocking me! ;)
*************************
Ok, look at the first 2 white rows on the right (rows 4 & 5) from the outside edge. Do you see how they are buckled together? Whatever I do, I cannot make this rug flat. I'm close to tossing it in the washer to shrink the wool! HA!

19 comments:
must be the picture... i don't see any bumps. it looks beautiful. how big is it? you can't tell what the dimensions are. and don't let that rug mock you :] you are so much better than that.
btw... i linked up to your lifting hands site in my last post.
I LOVE it! I don't see any bumps either.
Nice rug. Ka-chow! ;)
I think it's beautiful!!
I don't see the bumps either!! Great job! Looks like hard work to me! :)
(Your TTT was definitely gross and sweet! I had a TTT post ready last week and there was no TTT. I guess it's back up! Good to know!)
Blessings!
Yay! I love it! And I don't see any bumps.
It looks great to me!
wait a minute...wait a dog-gone minute....YOU MADE THAT RUG? and you are wondering if we, those of us incapable of sowing on buttons, noticed a bump?
seriously girl, plop that puppy down with pride and invite many to wipe their muddy paws on it.
NO!!!!! No muddy paws! It's too pretty! Okay, in crochet you have to increase on the corners, but you are braiding, so is it in the stitching that you skipped too much?
It's really beautiful. Where is it going in your home?
It loook lovely to me.
Susan
I am with Heidi Jo! And, just one addition - and you have TIME to braid said rug...
Seriously - it is beautiful. Looks like a fun project, too. Maybe for my new house...
I think its very cool! Way better than I would ever be able to do!
See what I am telling you my dear...
TALENTED.
It's really awesome! Sorry you are having fits with it. Keep in mind that this is your first attempt and the next one you will have some more smarts along the way since you've tackled it once.
I'm so proud of you!
Hey kudos for trying and NICE HARDWOOD FLOORS!
KEEP BELIEVING
THAT IS AWESOME!
However ... I believe I said I'd like a green rug; not blue. ;-D
I honestly don't see any bumps and think it's *beautiful!!!*
Hugs,
Kelli
thanks for the update and answer to my question. i can now see your "bumps." and i don't want to make light of them because i know, you as the creator, see every flaw in it. like ginger said, it was your first and i bet the next one will be perfect. it IS truly beautiful. you did a great job!
Great job! Are you sure this is your first attempt?
I think it looks wonderful even though I haven't a clue about rug braiding!
Andrea
Post a Comment