As I think of my friend and her family, I was reminded of this hymn and the story behind it. If you know the story, or if you've never heard the full story, I'd love for you to watch and be strengthened by it.
The life of faith means trusting in God completely. We can live our lives in hope without fear, for we know God controls the future and we rest secure in him.
13 comments:
I am just getting caught up with everyone....sorry to hear about your friends loss! I am thinking about you and the family and praying for God to help you all through this difficult time.
Oh, Mama, I'm so sorry. I know it is hard for your friend and her family. Your grief for her tells your deep love for her.
I am actually creating an online community for grief that will be ready next week. This is such a passion of mine as there are so many hurting souls in the world.
I want to put this video on the site! Even though we do not know the whole picture and the pain is so great there is hope and joy beyond the sorrow.
Oh Leigh Ann
What a powerful example to us of how one can overcome with the Lord.
Thank you for being a light in such a difficult time for you and friends.
Jen
So sorry to hear of your friend's loss. Our family is going thru ' 'a minor bump in the road' which could be made into a HUGE mountain if we allowed it to. What an awesome testimony of a man's faith WOW if that wasn't the book of Job brought to life!! I have had to look back at the Book of Job a few times in my life for humility this video was just what I needed to see today. Thanks again. Blessed again by stopping by your site!!
Thinking of you tomorrow my friend. God will be present and faithful.
I had not heard of the history of this song - wow, it makes the words even more meaningful than they were before. Thanks for posting it.
Praying for you and Tanya.
That was beautiful Leigh Ann.
Beautiful song and story.
What a sad story that is.
I really like that song.
Yes! I have heard that story!! So powerful and so humbling!!! My prayer is that it will be well with Tanya's soul too!!
Blessings and hugs!
I've never heard of that. God'stiming is amazing! I pray all is well!
God Bless,
Amber
This video game me the chills (good ones!). I love that song. So sorry to hear about your friend. Praying that all is well for you and yours.
K
wow.
I knew the story-but not in that detail.
I can't imagine. I really can't.
I'd heard the story behind the song, but the pictures with it really bring it to life. This song has always brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing.
my number one favorite song.... it was while singing that song in a community wide service that I "got my piece" with my infertility. That was 3.5 years ago. I still cry tears of piece when I sing the no matter what my "lot in life." This is not my journey, but Jesus' journey through my body. And my lot will look totally different than anyone else's. He is the true provider of comfort and piece.
Post a Comment