This week, one of my best friend's is dealing with the very unexpected death of her mother.
My heart is so heavy for Tanya, her dad and two younger siblings. Tanya is my age, with a great husband and 4 young children.
What makes it harder to bear is that this family had to lay a daughter to rest less than 3 years ago.
And a son 12 years ago.
My dear friend has buried two siblings and will be burying her mother this week.
WHY?
Why so much to one family?
As I spoke to my friend this morning, God placed a portion of this scripture on my heart to share with her and I'll share it here.
Isaiah 55
8 “For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD.
9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
Here it is again, but from The Message.
Isaiah 55:8-11
"I don't think the way you think. The way you work isn't the way I work." God's Decree. "For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think.Just as rain and snow descend from the skies and don't go back until they've watered the earth, Doing their work of making things grow and blossom, producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry, So will the words that come out of my mouth not come back empty-handed.They'll do the work I sent them to do, they'll complete the assignment I gave them.
May you each take the opportunity to hold your loved ones close this week and tell them you love them.
25 comments:
Leigh Ann
I am so sorry to hear of this family's grief. I think that the scripture that you posted is perfect.
Jennifer
Thinking of you and praying for your friend. I'm glad you got to talk with her.
Oh so sorry to hear this. How terribly sad.
I will keep you and your friend and her family in my prayers.
Thanks for the great reminder to hold our loved ones near.
Leigh Ann,
The verse that you chose always reminds me of my friend, Lavonne. She wanted to stencil it in her kitchen so that she would see it every day.
I'm sure that your words, and your prescence are a tremendous blessing to Tanya this week.
THank you for a reminder. That poor family. I am praying for them.
i'm sorry your heart is so heavy. i'm sure your presence in your friend's life is ministering to her loss and grief. i pray that your friend feel comfort during this time.
We know our God never makes a mistake. We live in a world of hurt and pain. Someday it will all be clear.
It is my prayer that through all of this pain God will be glorified and His grace and mercy will shine through in even the darkest of hours.
Remember that He will never leave your friend or forsake her. He promises to draw nigh to those who draw close to Him.
Keep Praying my friend! He hears you!
I was so sad to hear this. I'll be praying for this family. I love that song "Held" by Nicole Nordeman. It really defines "This is what it means to be held when the sacred is torn from your life and you survive."
I'm praying for you, too.
Love,
Susan
So sorry to hear this Leigh Ann. . I will say a prayer for your friend.
I am in shock. I saw her obituary this morning. I knew her in Jr. high school. I truly cannot imagine one family being hit with tragedy so many times.
jesus bring the rain...
i share your heavy heart.
OH my gosh - how sad! I can't imagine.
Leigh Ann~
I am so sorry that your friend is going through such grief right now. We don't know why things happen the way they do but God does, and he has a reason. I am praying for you, your friend, and her family. (((HUGS))) to you all.
raying for your friend--and for you, as you minister to her.
Have a peaceful day.
my condolences for the loss tot his family. May they be supported in the peace of Christ until the family reunion at His table!
Susan
I could NOT imagine such loss for one family. Hang in there!
I am so sorry and will be keeping this family (and you) in my thoughts and prayers.
I see it too, there is a family in our (new) church who have been handed so many deaths very recently. It is hard to understand why. I'll pray for that family. blessings Leigh Ann!
Thank you for sharing your heart with us. It is so hard when we don't understand. There are "no answers" this side of heaven for some things...may He be glorified in all things.
Love you girl.
I am so very sorry Leighann!!! Gentle hugs and prayers your way!!
Julieann
I'm so sorry for your friend and her loss. I'm glad she has you for a friend to encourage and be there for her.
You have a WONDERFUL HEART and you ARE a WONDERFUL FRIEND!
God Bless,
Amber
You are right, I don't think we'll ever understand this side of heaven why the Lord asks some to endure such heartache. The only thing I DO know is that He walks before us, He prepares the way and He is faithful to use everything in our lives for His glory. I have thought so many times in my life that one "reason" the Lord called my Mom home when I was only 14... was that it has been the main event in my life that has driven me back to Him over and over and over. Because He is the only one that gives peace and healing. Hugs to you as you minister to your friend. I am very sorry for their loss.
My dad died 3 years ago...my younger brother....1 1/2 years ago....my mother 6 weeks after him and now another younger brother has brain cancer...I have my days....when I just cry...and you know the Lord meets me there in my heart...and I know HIS ways are best...but in the flesh...I just MISS them.....just be there for your friend..let her talk..let her talk..sustain her with your prayers..I still feel such grief at times and tend to hold it in...except like right now...as I I am typing this...as I can barely see through the tears...grief is hard when you have loved deeply....but yes it is a part of life and you will be part of her healing as God uses you....
Praying for her....and her family
Deby
Sometimes the hurt in this world overwhelms me. I know God aches too, and I only experience an ounce of what he feels for his precious creation. I don't understand why some families seem so stricken with pain, and others live so carefree. I have a family member who has lost 2 boys (one was 5 and the other 13), a nephew to suicide, and a brother to a gun accident. Not to mention both her parents have bad health. I pray for her often. Thanks for sharing the scripture. The Message puts a nice twist to it.
Post a Comment