November 21, 2007

Thanks and Turkey

A grateful heart finds blessings in what others overlook.


Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!!

One, more thing I wanted to include. I'm sharing a turkey recipe. If you make it, your dinner will be the talk of the TOWN! You should try this! It is sure to bring smiles from your guests!

Thanksgiving Turkey
~Cut out aluminum foil in desired shapes.
~Arrange the turkey in the roasting pan, position the foil very carefully.
~Roast according to your own recipe and serve.
~Watch your guests' faces...



















May your stuffing be tasty.
May your turkey plump.
May your potatoes and gravy
Have never a lump.
May your yams be delicious,
And your pies take the prize.
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

:-) My sister in law sent me this and I couldn't resist posting it!



post signature

19 comments:

Jolanthe said...

I love your word verification poem. :) I have seen this before and really wonder if it would work. Wouldn't this truly be a riot to do? Will I remember tomorrow? unlikely. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, you need a blogging vacation. Seriously, hehe, I think you've lost it.

Kelli said...

ROFLOL! Oh, to see my MIL's face if I did this! ;0)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Kelli

Pen of Jen said...

I love this. I received it from several people too, and rolled!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Oh my gosh...that was great!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Tina said...

ROFLOL!! I seriously thought you had a new turkey recipe for me!!!

Jan Parrish said...

My kids would be mortified. LOL.

... said...

lol. before i saw the picture i was thinking, 'what does she mean by special shapes and placing the aluminum foil carefully?" the picture makes it abundantly clear :]

funny poem, too. hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving.

Ruth said...

LOL! Oh my! That is just GREAT!! If only I would dare. Hehehehe!! Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Just Mom said...

BAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA



Happy Thanksgiving to you, LA.

Praise and Coffee said...

Oh my!!
lol!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Sue

Kimmy said...

oh that's funny!

Happy Thanksgiving! ~ kim

MorningSong said...

Too funny! I gasped when I saw the picture!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!

Short Stop said...

I have seen this turkey before, and am not at all surprised to see it here on your blog! :):)

I hope you had a great day yesterday!

Myrna said...

LOL!

My sons would be mortified! They would think it hysterical, but M.O.R.T.I.F.I.E.D. if their MOTHER did that to a turkey!:-)

Hope your Thanksgiving was great!

Ghost Girl (aka, Mary Ann) said...

Ha ha ha!!! I LOVE this! So when did you become a poet? (noting the above message, too!)

Too bad I popped in here after I cooked the turkey!

Lori said...

That is funny!
Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Lori said...

p.s. love your new blog header

Susan said...

Love this, Leigh Ann. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

:-) Susan