T and I both grew up with our parents having gardens, and we finally felt like this was the right year to start one with our family. Deciding not to kill a huge area of grass to put in a garden, we situated it at the edge of the woods behind our house.
Quintin was a HUGE help in planting. We planted it on May 26.
......And today.....
The rocks? That's ammo for any animals trying to eat from our garden! ;-D
30 minutes after I came inside from snapping these pictures, Quintin looked out the window and shouted, "Mom! There's 3 deer in the yard!" So I grabbed the camera from my desk and got to the closest window - forgetting all settings on my camera - and snapped! Sorry for the flash!

8 comments:
So cool! Those fawns are so cute. Nice garden too!
Oh how I miss seeing deer in my yard, BUT I don't miss them eating everything in my garden that I worked so hard to grow. My MIL always says to me when I complain, "Well they need to eat too!" LOL
Leigh Ann,
Gardening becomes more and more fun with the children every year. I'm impressed with your straight row technique. I'm not going to show Jeff your pictures of the garden, since he would insist that we need to use string to make perfectly straight rows. See when we moved to the farm for the first few years we would drag string out and do it that way. I finally convinced him that it took too long in our garden and just to "eye it". :) So don't drive too slow past our house...the rows are slightly crooked....thanks to his wife that just wants to get the things planted... and everything else done that keeps me busy/behind!!! ;)
Those fawns are precious!!
No photos of you throwing rocks at the deer? ;-D
OK, you know I'm kidding about that, right? :-D
Nice garden. Wanna do mine? :-D
So glad Dave only gets to read your blog when I read it to him. He wanted to plant a garden this year, but I talked him into two tomato plants instead. Now I'm feeling guilty.
Surely don't want the deer in your garden, but the photo and video were really cool! So beautiful!
Your garden looks wonderful, but I had to laugh when I saw the reason for the pile of rocks. We can really relate! The mother deer and her twins are beautiful!How exciting, but I hope they stay clear of your garden.
Great job on the garden!!!
Post a Comment