Last Friday, we left for Virginia, to have a one day family (our family of 5) trip to Colonial Williamsburg before heading further south to Outer Banks, North Carolina to have a week's vacation with T's family (all 26 of us!)
We'll be beginning 3rd grade and kindergarten shortly after we return home and our trip to Williamsburg fit perfectly into what we'll be studying with "Adventures in My Father's World."
We started exploring the Governor's Palace. We opted not to do the hour long tour (for obvious reasons) and just stayed outside and toured the grounds.
T and I spent a day in Williamsburg during our honeymoon at Virginia Beach 14 years ago. One of our favorite places on the Palace grounds is the maze.
We found this little area in the back and we told the kids it looked like a great place for church. Elle and Colin are standing and pounding their fists into their hands (did I ever mention T's father is a minister? ;-) )
Such captive audiences! ;-D
Behind the Governor's Palace.
Down in the cellar.
...more to come (for some reason, my family prefers me out on the beach rather than on my laptop!) ;-)









8 comments:
Love the pic of you with the kids. You look like a million bucks! Love your hair!
Future little preachers for sure! Did I ever mention I almost married a pastor?
We were there a few years ago and loved it! It's like stepping back in time. Love those little preachers!
I think Ginger needs to write a post about her almost marriage, don't you?
Great pictures. I love the little preachers. I remember well when my kids use to do that!!!!!
Terrific pics! Enjoy the beach!
Looks like such fun!!! LOVE the preacher pics!!
(And I agree Ginger, a post is needed.)
Lookin' svelte there, my friend.
:-D
Awesome pics! HAVE FUN!!!
Just browsing and thught I woud come by to see you! Those children have grown up!! they are still some of the cutest kids I "know." You have a great family!
I'm not blogging--Keep thinking I might, but right now I am extremely busy with a couple of projects. Who knows, maybe in the new year. I think I will start a new blog if I do come back.
Myrna--in TN
Post a Comment