Tuesday night set-up. It's hard to see, but there are lime green, pink and purple napkins. (This is our church's fellowship hall and where we would have had our wedding reception!)
And this morning, the ladies came and ate. Then, they enjoyed a wonderful presentation on container gardening and saw lots of fabulous ideas presented by Lynn's aunt and uncle!! They were so fun and had wonderful advice and suggestions. The landscaping at their house is simply gorgeous and they invited our group to their home in June, for a private garden tour!
While we don't possess all the skill of Lynn's aunt and uncle, I think my mother in law did an amazing job putting these centerpieces together for our tables!
Now, back to the food! ;)
We had chicken salad sandwiches, a strawberry spinach salad, cracker and red pepper jelly, yogurt parfait, chocolate eclairs and mini carrot cake cups! Everything was delicious. We were so busy putting the food on the tables this morning that I didn't snap any pictures of the food there, but I took some pictures of the yummy leftovers when I got home!
Strawberry Spinach Salad - recipe here
Mini Carrot Cake Cups (8 bars of cream cheese. Several ladies helped me in baking these cute little cups, but I made the filling at home) - recipe here
Crackers with red pepper jelly (6 bars of cream cheese) Small-scale version: one half cup of red pepper jelly was added to an 8 oz bar cream cheese that had already been softened and lightly beaten in the mixer. YUMMY! - recipe here
I had a wonderful group of ladies helping me plan and bring this program to fruition! It was a lot of hard work, many hours to set up, bake, prep food and tear down - but the efforts are always very much appreciated!
9 comments:
Everything sounds and looks wonderful. One thing I respect about you Leigh Ann is you put your heart into everything you do. Your MIL did a fabulous job on the center pieces. This type gifting is not mine and I so respect those who have it!!!
Like. Very much. :-D
It all looks super! Great job! And, yes, your MIL did a very nice job on the centerpieces. Looks like you had a nice turnout, too. Rest well :)
It was a fun morning! Thank you for all your planning and yummy work!
Job well done I'm sure!!
No cheesecake? Really??
YUM. YUM. YUM!
The mom's group I go to just had a similar type session on container gardening. Really interesting!
And I can vouch for the beautiousness (it should be a word) of the S's landscaping talents as well as Lynn's mama and papa's. :-)
Hi Leigh Ann,
I decided it was really time to come and check out your blog, after hearing Ginger sing your praises and seeing your comment on Aisha's blog. (We did talk about both of you when we went out the other night!)
What a great event - I'm going to check out the recipes!
Have you really not been "friends" with Mari before now?
Yes, Rachel and Wilbur are quite gifted in all things floral and green. As is my mom....not sure where that green thumb gene went because I sure don't have it.
Looks like a great event!
Post a Comment