September 28, 2009

End of summer getaway

Last November, as T was checking rates for places at the beach, he came across one and thought it would be fun to go down with my family in September. Unfortunately, that meant my brother's family couldn't come along, but we were able to get away this past week with my parents and my sister's family joined us at the beginning of the week for a few days.

It was a beautiful week away and very relaxing. After Labor Day, you are allowed to ride bikes all day long on the boardwalk and we certainly took advantage of that. Each day brought sun (and the rain showers only came at night and left by early morning) and the water was warm. There was even an air show to entertain us on Sunday afternoon. Friday was the coolest day, too cool for the beach, so our little family headed back to the Cape May Zoo to catch some sites we had missed when we were there in June.

It was a week away and I'm feeling refreshed...so refreshed that I'm in denial about today being a school day! ;-D




post signature

9 comments:

Susan said...

What fun and making such good memories!!!
Susan

Just Mom said...

Where's the photo of Lynn? ;-D

Momma Roar said...

I didn't have my camera along with me on the beach when Lynn stopped by - didn't know if I should borrow the picture or not.

Besides, JM, you have her blog addy - you can go see it whenever you want! HAHA

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

It refreshed me just to see the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Looks like such fun! Don't you feed those munchkins? They look just like my three did when they were little..all bones! I love it! Elle reminds me so much of Lindsey in her little polka dots. Linds had a suit like that and I just laughed seeing the skinny little legs. Oh, once again the memories of days gone by.

Glad you had a relaxing time. You deserved a restful week.

michelle said...

Good for you guys! Looks like a great time. LOVE the beach!

... said...

ahhh... it looks and sounds wonderful. great pics. what a perfect end of summer vacation.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

So I had to come see the new look - you are so fun :)

Love to know the place information you got... :)

YOur kids are so cute - love the new header!

Lynn said...

um, yes, you are welcome to steal the picture. What, so I don't even get a MENTION as being a highlight of your vacation?!?

Would LOVE to come for dinner. I'm just not sure when we are coming to PA again. Our Oct is filling up. Thanks for the invite...I'll let you know.