November 25, 2007

What a weekend!

I hope you had a terrific week. It felt like things were getting crazy here by Wednesday.

I finished up all my cleaning projects - and even though no one was upstairs to see if the rooms were swept, dusted or the woodwork/windows were cleaned - it made me feel a whole lot better! Now, I can sit back and relax, what? 2-3 months weeks until I need to dust or vacuum again? ;-) Actually, that doesn't sound too bad!

We had my family on Thursday - 15 people total. I hope to get some recipes posted soon - but I want to wait for pictures first. I wasn't about to take a picture of the meal I was serving on Thursday, as T already locks the door when I step outside to take pictures of what we're having for dinner. We'll be eating leftovers this week, so we'll snap some pictures of them!

Friday night, we had some friends over - 16 people total. 6 adults and 10 children (2 under a year). Tried a friend's recipe for Sausage Dip. YUM - want to share the recipe for that as well!

Saturday afternoon, we were at T's parents - 25 people total. 10 adults and 15 children (the oldest is 14 and Colin, 11 months, is the youngest).

After these past few days....I've got just three things to say:

1 - I'm stuffed!

2 - Stay tuned to Momma Roar's Kitchen for my recipes.

3 - Thank goodness Tuesday is trash day!



post signature

7 comments:

Short Stop said...

I'm actually glad to see the weekend over. Need some normalcy!

BTW, you are the entertaining queen! Looking forward to seeing the recipes! :)

... said...

wow! i'd need a vacation after all of that. those were three big gatherings. glad you enjoyed them all.

i just got done taking out the trash and i had to use an extra trash can (one we use for something else).

love the new look.

Lori said...

Wowzers. You did have a houseful of company. Sounds like some wonderful times though.
Can't wait to see your recipes.

Dawn said...

Wow I didn't have much of a holiday. I had to work, fun stuff. I didn't do much this weekend either. I did teach myself how to crochet. Let me tell ya still in the learning stages.

LOVE your new look. The ornaments are beautiful.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

10 chilren under 2 years old in one home at one time....whew, makes me crazy just thinking about it!

Tracy said...

Sounds like you've been one busy momma!

Love the new look. It's that time again...changing blog headers?? Geesh. I gotta get on that!!

Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving!!

Tammy said...

I hear ya! We had 25 people at my house (if you count the four of us here)! But the good thing for me was that I didn't have to cook one single thing! I was actually going to add a little dish, but never got around to it...But I don't know you those of you who host AND cook can do it, because I was exhausted just doing all that extra cleaning beforehand!

(And to think they all just messed it up anyway!) ;)