November 20, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday

This past Friday was the closing program for our co-op's fall session. There was a play put on by the high school age participants in the co-op. But, before the play, the Pre-K/K class sang the song they had been working all in music class, as well as their verse. I was only able to get a portion of the song taped, as the batteries quit in my camera (the story of my life!)

Quintin is fifth in from the left, wearing a blue and brown shirt proudly holding his red card!! If you look on the other end, the blonde boy dancing with his black card, that is Quintin's cousin, H. It was fun to see these two together in class. H is pre-k, so they won't be in the same class next fall when Quintin moves up to the grade 1/2 class.





Prior to the program beginning, displays of the children's work. In Quintin's art class, he made a salt dough nativity! I had been curious all session to take a peek at his masterpiece, but instead, waited until Friday to see it. I love it. Since he's brought it home, he and Elle have been playing with it. They say things like, "Here's the angel, she told Mary, 'You are going to have a baby, name him Jesus."

*************
I couldn't believe it when we woke up to some snow yesterday morning - it was so beautiful as many of the trees still had their leaves. The reds and oranges on the trees accented by the white on the ground was so beautiful. It wasn't enough snow to cancel or delay any of the schools, so the school kids missed out on it. We pushed back our school time, as did our neighbors, and the kids played outside. I shot a short video of them sledding in the back yard. Quintin was such a great big brother taking care of Elle. At one point, she stopped walking because she couldn't make it up to the top of the hill, so Quintin walked down and took her hand. They walked side by side for a while, but then I started cracking up because he began to pull her and she started pulling the opposite direction to get him to slow down! Men!! ;-) You'll see Quintin and Elle on the sled first, followed by our neighbor girls, ages 7 and 5.





*************
I've been playing some Christmas music this week, one cd being Jo*sh Gro*ban's Noel. Now, Elle is short for Noelle (but Elle rhymes with belly, while Noelle does not!) The First Noel came on and I told Elle to come out and listen, they were singing her name. She came out of the playroom and listened. Then she looked at me with her eyebrows buried into her eyes and her lips pouted and said, "Me no want them to sing my name!" I hope one day she'll appreciate her Christmas name!!



Head on over to Mary's to see what more tiny ones are talking about this Tuesday!






post signature

14 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

You're gonna get me addicted to the vlogging girl! Loved these.

K asked, "Why don't we have snow?" ha ha!

Loved Elle's comment to the Noel song.

Pen of Jen said...

Well snow and singing and the manger! Tiny talk Tuesday with flair!!!
Love, love love Tuesday:)

Happy Thanksgiving from Pen of Jen!!

... said...

your kids are so cute - whether it's watching what they're doing or reading what they're saying. thanks for sharing. i so enjoy getting my dose of tiny talk.

and i love the nativity set!

Be Inspired Always said...

You have a beautiful family. Hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving.


I'm new to your blog, please feel welcomed to come and visit mine.



Jillian

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Boy you did get quite alot of snow already....I am not ready for it yet!

Lori said...

Loved your video blogs.
That program was cute.
Derek had a Thanksgiving program last night too.
Burr snow. I'm happy to say we don't have snow here yet.
It does look like they are having a fun time sledding though.

Tracy said...

Okay so the only thing about snow I might like is sledding...I say "MIGHT"

Looks like the kids are having fun!!!

sahmqueen said...

You have a wonderful life! The fact you CAN sled amazes me. In TX, that doesn't happen much. And you have such open spaces to enjoy. I love the nativity scene. I want my kids to make one. Do you have the instructions? That will be a treasure to pull out every Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

Tina said...

is it right that I am just green with envy at the sledding?? Ok Lord I am sorry. Boy that just looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Leigh Ann!

onemotherslove said...

What a precious nativity! You will treasure that for years!

Anonymous said...

Sweet videos.

Yucky snow!

Christy. said...

Oh, I just bought that same cd, I love it! I keep putting it on in my car until the girls request Hannah Montana instead! :0)

Kelli said...

Send some of that snow to me! :0)
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!
Hugs,
Kelli

Just Mom said...

Absolutely adorable.