November 12, 2007

My desk

The other day, my sweet hubby told me he has conceded the desk to me.


A few days ago, I came across an Internet advice column that told me how to eliminate the paperwork clutter on my desk.

GREAT! So I printed out the five pages of how-to instructions and placed them on top of the rest of the stuff on my desk.....








...now I can't find them.




But, hey, what's this? I have found someone to help - yes, that is what I need, a helper.




Oh wait, there he goes...



Well, maybe another day then...its so hard to find good help these days! But, at least the desk is mine, right? ;-)



post signature

15 comments:

Lori said...

Good luck finding your papers. hehe

My husband has his desk like that at school. He likes it that way.
That way he can find things.
I told him that I would organize it for him once and he told me no that is how he likes it.

TO BECOME said...

Boy, I sure hope you find that helper and keep him. He is a real cutie. You are like my husband, he is always telling me, "Don't touch a thing. I know where everything is." So have a very good week MommaRoar. connie from Texas

Just Mom said...

Ah... A desk of one's own. Can't beat that.

Susan said...

Right!!!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Now you know why I no longer use the desk. It stays clean and neat. Instead you just find laptops all over this house.

Oh bother!

Tracy said...

Good luck with the search to find new help. It IS hard to come by these days. Especially one looking so darn cute!!!

Have fun with the desk AND the papers that come with it!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

We have a desk that looks like that a lot of the time! Hubby just went through it this morning though and cleaned it up after the harvest so we have somewhere to do book work and pay bills at.

Tammy said...

LOL...I loved this!
What is it about the desk area that is a magnet for anything paper? Sometimes our printer is even buried under a pile of kids' art work mixed with bills...sigh.

Christy said...

SO FUNNY!

That looks like my desk too.

And in fact, Layton and my desk.

Ruth said...

LOL! I'm right there with you!! In theory, I know where all my papers are. In actuality...they must be escavated from one of my infamous piles.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Now you KNOW I am an obsessive organizer, but alas, the desk has conquered me. I dare not even post a picture, but sitting on my desk in front of me:
1. A math text and folder for tutoring with a CM wishlist folder on top.
2. A Klenex box on its side with a CM catalog on top
3. A to go cup...empty
4. A mug...that once had hot chocloate
5. a plate with crumbs...not from tonight
6. the trashbin lid from the trash can emptied tonight (yes, I'll put that back on right now)
7. A phone...WAIT...make that TWO cordless phones sitting here on my desk.
8. A child's sunglasses are over there in the corner
9. some bills and various "desk" things

I am slightly afraid to take my hand off the keyboard to move anything for fear of what else I'd have to list...

... said...

aloha!

i don't know... it looks like it was hazardous working conditions for your little helper. i'm glad he wasn't hurt :]

Short Stop said...

And, if I had a desk, I am quite certain it would look just like yours. :)

Amber said...

LOL! That was TOO CUTE!!!! Hope you find the "how to" declutter papers....if you're like me you'll just end up cleaning and throwing them away and not even realize it OR find them after you finish cleaning your desk.

0:) Amber

Jan Parrish said...

LOL. I'd love a little helper like that in the form of a grandchild. :)