November 28, 2007

Its crafting time!


Here's our Thankful Tree from last week. The children really enjoyed doing this. You can click on the tree picure to enlarge it to see what they are thankful for.






Tuesday morning, we had our neighbors over for some crafting fun!











With our pipe cleaners and beads, we made candy canes....


















...wreaths...

















...and snowflakes.













For a treat, we had snowballs. Well, that would be popcorn balls! Teresa's recipe was a hit! Thanks Teresa!












Do you know what you can make with a feather boa, pipe cleaners, glue and little eyes?


















A family of feathery spiders! I got the idea, here.













I just think they are SO CUTE!













Friday, my sister and her little guy are coming to make this terra-cotta trio! I found it here.










I think we are going to feel crafted-out by the weekend, but it has been fun to be creative!
Let me know if you try any of the projects!

post signature

15 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

The Thanksgiving tree looks great (as do the other crafts). We're planning on doing the nativity craft as well.

P.S. Love the new header on your blog. Very festive.

Just Mom said...

Move over, Martha Stewart.


LOVE the craft ideas. I'm going to try the pipe cleaner candy canes with my son, and maybe attempt the terra cotta nativity set.

BTW ... I didn't know spiders were a Christmas tradition. ;-D

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what's up with spiders at Christmas? hehe

I'm so touched that I made the thankful tree! "FRIENDS" Glad you didn't hang up my head on a stick next to the tree...bawhahahahaha!

Love all the great things you came up with. You are an awesome momma!

... said...

what great and fun crafts. i wish i would have done more crafts with my kids when they were younger. did you come from a crafting family?

Susan said...

Really neat, cute things you are making. I'm sure the kids are loving it.
Susan

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Boy, you are a crafy lady! Looks like fun.

You left me kinda wondering about the spiders too.

I hope you and your sister and the cousins have fun with your next project!

Tracy said...

Okay Miss Crafty...you should ride your HORSE on over to SD and do crafts for us!!!

See you soon!?!

Christy said...

I LOVE the terracotta trio!

Crafts are so much fun, they turned out adorable.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I love the spiders!

Ruth said...

I love your spiders, too. They are cute...even for spiders!! Great family time you've been having! Love it!!

Short Stop said...

Ok, I hereby nominate you for Mom of the Year!

LA, these are awesome crafts, and great ideas. I'm with everyone else...I love the spiders. My boys would LOVE those!!

Anna said...

I love pipe cleaners and beads. We're doing some similar crafts this week. But...I'm gonna steal the snowflake idea. Cute!

Pen of Jen said...

Love all the crafts...terra cotta one is my favorite!

Thanks for my art class:O)

Looks like fun!

Lori said...

Your crafting projects are all so cute. What fun ideas.

Love the thankful tree your kids did.

Tropical Mexican said...

love the terracotta trio. I saw that in a magazine. Thanks for the reminder. Sophie loves crafts or as she calls them "projects".