April 16, 2012

Poetry


Had I asked my son to give me a poem today, I'm sure he would not have complied.

But this afternoon, as he was playing, a poem came to him.

I found him in the school room scribbling as quickly as he could.  He told me he was writing a poem, so I left him alone to work.

He came to me when he was finished and read it to me.

Clever!  And since I was at the computer, I typed it up for him (and me) to have!

And the author has granted me permission to post it here!


I once saw a fish go swimming by,
For it had wings, it could fly.
I went along,
Singing a song,
“Swimming fish, Flying fish,
I don’t know which!”

Q - 4th grade

post signature

4 comments:

Mari said...

He's talented! Nice job Q!

Susan said...

Very nice job!

Just Mom said...

LOVE IT! It reminds me of my favorite poem by A.A. Milne, "Cottleston Pie." It's in Chapter 6 of Winnie-the-Pooh and recited by that silly old bear. :-)

Well done, Q!

Ginger said...

Definitely one that Mom needs a copy of for sure!

(Can't wait until C is Q's age and writes a poem. I have a feeling it will also be worth keeping, LOL)