March 19, 2012

Repetition

6 comments:

Mari said...

Glad you re-posted this. I don't think I was around the first time you posted it. I love how God can teach us things from events in our daily life.

Ginger said...

What a beautifully written post and straight from your heart.

I know all too well how many times I've felt the need to do a certain thing because it seems to have worked for a friend, but I've not taken the time to allow the Lord to speak to me and show me His path and His plan created just for me.

Jean said...

I don't remember reading this before, so I'm glad you reposted it. Even at 60 I find myself at steps I was on once or twice before, still learning and listening, but always with more perspective than before. Life has a way of doing that for us.

Susan said...

WOW LA, I don't remember reading this before either (that could be these grey hairs that keep multiplying!!) but I'm sure I did because I read everything you posted back 4 years ago.

Anyway, this was such a blessing to read. You have such great depth in your walk and in your roles of wife, mother, and definitely friend (as you've been such a friend to me!) Love you and keep being that sold clay in HIS hands! That is my prayer for myself, because HE isn't through with any of us YET!

Anonymous said...

I have a different problem. I cut, slice and dice everything I read to a fault. Whether it be books, devotionals, politics, or just conversations.

I looked, stared and wondered at your title....Repitition. Not being a good speller myself, and I know that you are, I read the article then went to Word and typed it out to see what spelling was correct. I can hear you laughing now....right? I mean you are laughing? Why is it I can find everyone's mistakes but not my own? :=(

I have a friend who is putting snippets of a devotional book she is reading on FB. I am about to go crazy because if I correct her, I will lose a friend. (I probably have lost you as a friend.) I only correct you to prove my point.

Anyway, she is using scripture from the O.T. to beat us over the head. Stuff like sin will be paid for if not now, it will be in the future. Here is the problem with what the book says: If we take our sin to Christ and ask for forgiveness, Jesus paid for it and removed our guilt.
The debt has been paid. The author left that part out....the grace of God part. I want to correct her so badly. I may not sleep tonight. What would you do?

I now give you permission to correct me. Thanks, dear bloggy friend.
Cheryl

Karenkool said...

Great post. I'm kind of in the middle, when I read a motivational book. I guess its taken me a long time to overcome my own set of issues, but I can take things from an author that are meaningful and let other things go. I have my journey to walk and we are all uniquely different. So, yay for LA. Take what is good for you and leave the rest.

As for Cheryl, I hope you don't mind me saying, you are funny. You made me laugh, but I truly hope you can find rest and peace! Don't lose sleep over it. ;-) The way I think of it is, people see life through their own various perspectives and it may be different then our own, but not always wrong. God knows our hearts and everything about us.

Maybe you should be a book editor. Maybe you are a book editor. haha